Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGS Behaviour on licensing same as current goings on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

knockon wrote: »
    Nail on the head there....

Lots of decent and hard working people in AGS must not be viewed as "the enemy". There is lots of stuff to come out in the wash that's not in the public forum at the moment. One thing for sure is huge changes are coming with a new Authority and a massive overhaul of the ways thing are done in 94 St Stephens Green.
    If people have a genuine grievance such as myself, with the way CS and Super are dealing or not dealing with their FAC's renewals/applications then they have recourse to GSOC.

I'll believe it when i see it. Why wasn't there a big change after the donegal revelations years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rowa wrote: »
    I'll believe it when i see it.
    Nothing wrong with that, so long as you don't forget to believe it when you do see it :D

Now being reported that a panel of external experts is to be appointed to review the workings of the Department of Justice in wake of the Guerin report...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Also RE the GSOC.

Likewise if your application goes "lost" as it seems to happen an awful lot in Garda stations the length and breath of our great little country.You should be onto the data protection comissioner.It is a very serious matter that your personal data be it written or in data form is kept secure under our data protection legislation.[At least it is in the private sector] and firearms details and who owns what might be considerd pretty sensitive,so isnt it kinda worrying that AGS keeps losing sensitive data like that on a regular basis??

Let's hope they keep Pulse securely encrypted.
    Can you imagine someone hacking it a getting all that info?

yubabill1 wrote: »

Here's a photo of the NSA intercepting your mail so that they can take apart your shiny new network router and install their own bugs (for non-computer people, the router is the thing that your broadband plugs into and your computer plugs into it, only they're used everywhere from homes to banks to *everywhere*):
    https://twitter.com/csoghoian/status/466218302730420224/photo/1

So... "imagine"? :D It's more the idea that PULSE is secure that I have a hard time imagining :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

yubabill1 wrote: »

Hmmm well it has been know t o leak the odd time to those who have decided to keep their hands in as "private eyes" and who might still have a pal at the keyboard. Been happening a few times now with the social welfare as well...One reason us PIs are precluded from joining AGS reserve..We might run off with the PULSE system:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Cass wrote: »
    Can you explain what FAC stands for please.
    FireArms Certification
    As for any proposals. They are most definitely sitting on a shelf, gathering dust
    Which is what I said in my original post.
    Slick50 wrote: »
    Though I'd say this file could be gathering a lot of dust, on the shelves of the DOJ, for some time.
    Proposals were most likely being done up however as they never saw the light of day and the "coalition" knew about them 5 months in advance of the scare mongering i have to wonder.
    There is no doubt, Shatter said on numerous occasions that "my Department is currently examining key policy, legislative, administrative and other issues relating to firearms licensing". I'd guess not because it's such a good read.
    Calm down. No one is attacking you here. You responded to my post, then your post was responded to and now you see those responses as attacks. They are not.
    I AM CALM. I don't see them as an attack. Sparks quoted one line from my post, then went on to extrapolate random nonsensical arguements from that. I asked on more than one occasion where I had said what sparks was implying I said. In my last post, I was merely expressing my confusion at his implications.

Slick, it was the bit where you said
    We are on the list alright.
    We're not on a list unless that list is so exhaustive that it covers everything from drug lords to missing dogs. They have so many things to worry about right now that we're not even close to making the radar, and we want it that way, at least for now, when every politician is thinking "election" and throwing things under buses has become a national pastime again.

You may have missed it, but there are those who disagree with this and think now is the perfect time to stand up and shout and pound the tables and they've just spent a considerable amount of time and effort trying to panic the entire community into thinking we're going to all lose our certs tomorrow.

Hence the somewhat unwelcoming reply. Sorry if it got under your skin :)

Advertisement