Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Department of Education Athlone

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I will be working in the department of education for the summer and had planned on getting a bus to athlone and then making my way. Is there any buses that go near the department from A.I.T or the bus station? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I don't think there are any bus stops in or around that area. The last bus stop is outside the college.

You maybe be able to walk through the IDA IRELAND TO GET TO the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Mudmask wrote: »
    Is there any buses that go near the department from A.I.T or the bus station? :-)

No, I don't thinks so.

It's about 2.5 km from the bus station, walkable in 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Some Off Topic posts above deleted.

Please keep to the Tread Topic, and take the politics and social commentary elsewhere.

[/MOD]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Is there not a bus that goes to Ericssons from the bus station that takes the Ballymahon road route? If so, this would pass by the Department of Education.

Best to check with the bus station to see if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

You'll walk it from AIT in about 15 minutes if you can get a bus to there. Its much closer to AIT than the Bus Station in town. Where are you travelling from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's not that much closer than the train station. Fair old trek whichever one you're coming from, tough walk if the weather is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Even starting right at the side gate, AIT is a few hundred yards further according to Google. You could call it a half hour for either walk.

Advertisement