Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent recievership

Options
  • 08-05-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

A property I am renting has gone into rent receivership and has been repossessed by the bank.
    Am I still tied to the lease or are the term of the lease now broken since the landlord no longer owns the property ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A property I am renting has gone into rent receivership and has been repossessed by the bank.
    Am I still tied to the lease or are the term of the lease now broken since the landlord no longer owns the property ?

Search on here, but iirc your rights are now severely eroded, the receiver could arrive tomorrow and give you an eviction notice as they are not covered by the Tenancies Act

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

if I want to leave the tenancy can I do so now even though the term of the lease is not completed and expect to receive my deposit back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

expect to receive my deposit back

this is something you may not see back I'm afraid...........

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

if I want to leave the tenancy can I do so now even though the term of the lease is not completed and expect to receive my deposit back

Your chances of receiving your deposit back at all have gone close to nil now; no matter when you leave.

Advertisement