Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Hammers of the Gods - 3 pm Sunday

• 08-05-2014 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is only one team that can stop THIS

article-1336984883376-1312a77e000005dc-669141_636x300.jpg

and maybe its not so bad that its the side organised by Real Madrid manager in waiting Sam Allardyce who, with the deployment of late 19th (actually early 12th) century tactics can lay siege to Joe Harts goal catapulting balls towards Andy Carrolls bonce like buckets of hot tar at Johnny Foreigner.

Bring it on! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hammers to be winning 1-0 up until the 89th minute when City will score twice, just for the laugh like :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Parking spot reserved for this at the West Ham goal

thumbnail.php?file=Caterpiller1_945150952.jpg&size=article_medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

City have the experience with two years ago. I expect a hammering like the one Chelsea gave Wigan on the final day under Ancelotti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Andy's gonna tear it up. 4-0 West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Mike

Invoking the superjinx has consequences.

May all the pandas protect you.

God bless you.

12-1 aggregate over 3 games, 2 of them in Upton Park this season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ah the memories of '95.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

"30 seconds left, Cole plays it wide to Stewart Downing. Downing nutmegs Yaya Toure and swings in an unbelievable cross. Andy Carroll's gonna get this. Andy Carroll DOES get this! Andy Carroll has surely won this game for West Ham!"

Meanwhile at Anfield....

"Liverpool have suffered a shock 2-0 defeat to Newcastle to finish the season disappointingly..... "

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Big Sam knocking one off at the thought of playing a hand in deciding this seasons champions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

After the results between the sides already this season i reckon Man City will win 5-0 in a complete anti-climax of a final day for Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

With nerves and everything else taken into consideration, the pressure and the hype, I think it will be a tight low scoring affair. My prediction : WHU 6 - 0 MCFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

West Ham to score early and city to reply with 3 to win the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

C'mon Citeh, may the Panda force be with you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

5-5 draw?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

City to be losing 1-0 until the 4th minute of injury time, then Aguero pops up with the equaliser, and a certain username will be changed.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

If West Ham score early it will definitely make for an exciting final game of the season. Would imagine the longer West Ham held the lead the nervier it would become for City. Even if they equalised i'm sure they would retreat to their box and try to stop West Ham scoring rather than going for more goals as they normally would given the scenario they are faced with. Could make for nervy times for them as Liverpool will beat Newcastle for me thats a certainty.

That said City could get an early goal and with the nerves settled may rack up a score against the Hammers.

The Carroll/Downing combo winning the match for West Ham and sending the title to Anfield would be Roy of the Rovers type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

West Ham do have a habit of causing the odd upset at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Best case scenario for me would be us winning and Liverpool failing to. Would much rather see Kompany lift the trophy than Gerrard.

Think we'll be up for it seeing as a loss could mean dropping to 15th. With a bit of luck we can get a draw but I'd be very surprised if we can manage a win.

2-1 City I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We'll take a draw please. For the travelling support like;)

COYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Still some weak, desperate souls about I see. City to get the party started in swashbuckling style, wowing us with 4 well worked goals to zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

cc3a8e6b7e8fdb400efb30150402ba57.jpg

andy-carroll-stewart-downing500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Aguero passed fit for Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

94th Min Andy Carroll has just rounded Hart and has an open goal to hand Liverpool the title......He just stops ....what is he going ......Could he be thinking about this time at Liverpool ........hmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Big Sam knocking one off at the thought of playing a hand in deciding this seasons champions.

Holy ****,gonna be tough getting through the rest of the day with that image in my head. Thanks a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-0 City. Honestly can't see them mucking up.

I think they'll win it next season too. The ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Could be a tight game, city will be nervous and if they don't score in the first half it will be tricky for them.
    West Ham got a battering twice already but that was with defensive injuries and relegation johnson acting as cover. With West Ham having nothing to lose and confidence from the Tottenham game it won't be a park the bus job that most people are expecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Could be a tight game, city will be nervous and if they don't score in the first half it will be tricky for them.
    West Ham got a battering twice already but that was with defensive injuries and relegation johnson acting as cover. With West Ham having nothing to lose and confidence from the Tottenham game it won't be a park the bus job that most people are expecting

City were drawing with Villa at HT too and went on to win easily.

I'd expect the same against West Ham, a professional display and a City win, probably taking the EPL goal scoring record with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'd expect the same against West Ham, a professional display and a City win, probably taking the EPL goal scoring record with them too.

The fact that they dont need to win hugely takes the pressure off them.
    If they had needed 3 points on Wednesday then panic could have been starting to set in after half time.
    Expect the same on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

City to go 2-0 up after 20 minutes and the whole "final day" will be a damp squib with nothing exciting happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

GavRedKing wrote: »

Villa also have the worst goal difference outside of the bottom three.
    Im predicting a draw and City to win the league on goal difference. There's still a bit of excitement left in the league anything could happen as we've seen so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

All City need is a draw, if they wanted to they could just let the Hammers park the bus and allow one of the most boring games ever to take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

All City need is a draw, if they wanted to they could just let the Hammers park the bus and allow one of the most boring games ever to take place.

OMG can you imagine the meltdown that would happen on here if that was the case .......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    OMG can you imagine the meltdown that would happen on here if that was the case .......:D

Never happen, we wouldn't be able to defend against a bus. The only way City will get a draw/win is to play their attacking football and keep the bus parked at the other end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Easy City win, or a draw. Cant see them losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Anyone remember that World Cup game (probably late 70's) between Germany & Austria when both played to get a point and come in the top 2 of the Group??

I sat thru that....and never got that 105 minutes of my life back!!

Aaahhhh... memories of sunny Summers and petrol shortages.. and cans of 'Shandy'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Hoping for a draw to just see the reaction of Liverpool fans especially after their team's naivety in the Palace game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can see a City win so big that it rocks the Premier League table and puts United in second. That's how big a beating West Ham are getting.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Hoping for a draw to just see the reaction of Liverpool fans especially after their team's naivety in the Palace game.

you're going to be disappointed pal.

this season has been an unmitigated success for Liverpool F.C and its fans, at such a crucial time.
    • PL money doubled
    • CL money increased
    • getting into CL when others around us have spunking double the amount
    • strong chance of holding onto one of the best strikers in the world
    • Young vibrant manager who has fully implemented his exciting style/system
    any Liverpool supporter moping around at 4:45pm on Sunday quite frankly will never be happy, but I can assure you they will be like chickens teeth.

I am sure the planned pre-match display by the fans, and the atmosphere at Anfield will show the world just how much this season has meant to us.

Onwards and Upwards

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

City to go 2-0 up after 20 minutes and the whole "final day" will be a damp squib with nothing exciting happening.
    That'll do nicely, thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

FatherTed wrote: »

It won't make much difference to me. City will take a different approach to the game maybe with 20 mins to go if it's still a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They have scored 12 goals in 3 games against them this season, conceding one.

I wouldn't mind if they lost in injury time tbh.

RasTa wrote: »

City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would be amazing if Andy Carroll won the league for us.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

The Hammers have two choices, lose and watch City celebrate in front of their faces, or win and make City cry.

Make them cry!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Agueroooo wrote: »
    you're going to be disappointed pal.

this season has been an unmitigated success for Liverpool F.C and its fans, at such a crucial time.
    • PL money doubled
    • CL money increased
    • getting into CL when others around us have spunking double the amount
    • strong chance of holding onto one of the best strikers in the world
    • Young vibrant manager who has fully implemented his exciting style/system
    any Liverpool supporter moping around at 4:45pm on Sunday quite frankly will never be happy, but I can assure you they will be like chickens teeth.

I am sure the planned pre-match display by the fans, and the atmosphere at Anfield will show the world just how much this season has meant to us.

Onwards and Upwards

Y.N.W.A

Nice username bro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

RasTa wrote: »

I need only remind you of Palace v Liverpool 89/90 season. 11-0 in the league games then that semi final. Anything can happen in football.

City to win 6-1 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

4-0 to Man City.

Man City lift Premier League.

Hope Im wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Man City at a canter

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Man City at a canter

...on the back of Andy Carroll.

• Advertisement