Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not sure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

OP. I think your family relationship has caused you to try and form long-term relationships with boyfriends.

your boyfriends situation is probably not the same. As such he may see this relationship as one of many he will likely have. That is fair as your so young.

I think that as far as possible you should keep it low pressure and have fun in the moment. Try not to allow yourself to get upset over the little things.

I really hope you and your family can come to a better place. Don't allow you relationship between your family dictate the rest of your life. Rise above it and become the person you're meant to be independent of others.

i could be reading too much into this and sorry if I am.

I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 zozo339

Thank you so much. Just an update for everyone who's followed me through this ..haha this was quite funny to me when it became apparent that the piece of jewellery was off one of my earrings which I had misplaced and forgotten about at his house, so I started stressing out and thinking a bit too much into it.

In reply to the newest comment,,,thank you so much as it's helped me. We do talk about the future but only lightheartedly, yeah possibly. I do hope some day mine and my families relationship can get back on track, as I miss it occasionally. Things have just gone wrong since my nan passed away on Boxing Day and I was really close to her so that caused a lot of problems in myself, and I went through a stage and still am going through it, of regretting all the times I didn't see her.

Forgiveness is at hand though and I have the rest of my life for that...where my parents are concerned. Thanks for all the help as me and my boyfriend have spoken through everything you guys have told me to speak about and we seem a lot more laid back and happier, even though it was only Thursday that I posted here, we also have been (in these last few days) like a weight has been lifted from our relationship, and we seem to be feeling like there is something bright for the future ahead, even if we don't stay together, you never know what could happen :)

Advertisement