Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Cross Incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Hi

I have deleted the post.But as you have quoted it still appears on your comment. If you wish to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is shocking. Such a bizarre and horrific attack. RIP to the young lady in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Why was the story link deleted?

Why was the story link deleted?

I think to allow time for the deceased family be informed. It was up very soon after the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

road_high wrote: »
    I think to allow time for the deceased family be informed. It was up very soon after the incident.

Oh i just saw the time it was posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Can someone link me to the story in a pm even?

Edit: I read it, shocking stuff.

kryogen wrote: »
    Can someone link me to the story in a pm even?

Edit: I read it, shocking stuff.

There's a link on the Kilkenny People website, also on the Irish Independent. Not what you'd expect to happen in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Shocking stuff. Has her name been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Name hasn't been officially released. If you knew either l'octaine or holland and barrets chances are you'll know her. Still not quite sunk in tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

who was the **** that did it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

27 year old arrested and being questioned in the Kilkenny Garda Barracks, no reports of a robbery.

I think we can read between the lines with this one to know what happened.

Very sad for the family, was she from Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The name and picture of the woman has been released on the Irish Independent website. I'm honestly not sure if I should post here as everyone else is a bit tentative on doing so, so just check on the Irish Independent website.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Shocking news. RIP. Thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Dymo wrote: »
    I think we can read between the lines with this one to know what happened.

funnily enough I thought that too....but oin the radio this morning the local reporter said that the man didn't have any known direct connection to the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Riskymove wrote: »
    funnily enough I thought that too....but oin the radio this morning the local reporter said that the man didn't have any known direct connection to the victim.

Rumours everywhere. All will probably be revealed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah, Jeez. Condolences to her family.
    It's a strange thing when something like this happens close by and you realise you knew the victim, however slightly.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Market cross still closed off around lunch time,
    Not something you expect to happen right in the middle of the city :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Sickening. Thoughts with her family, friends and staff in market cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Horrific for family, loved ones and friends. Terrible tragedy and thoughts are with them all. Also fairly nightmarish for the emergency services who dealt with the aftermath, must be very affecting for such a lot of people. Senseless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Locking this since charges have been filed,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement