Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Villa last game of the season!

Options
  • 08-05-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

I'm only starting this thread because I'm heading over for the game.
    Is anyone interested anymore?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm only starting this thread because I'm heading over for the game.

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Its spurs, always interested! Villa in holiday mode, an early goal for spurs and a 3-1 win. Europa league champions 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Its spurs, always interested! Villa in holiday mode, an early goal for spurs and a 3-1 win. Europa league champions 2015!

I would rather see us not in Europa league but I think we will 2-0 and be in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I might watch it, if i can find a stream. Is it even on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should try to throw this game and hope Man Utd accidentally beat Soton. That alone could hand Spurs a considerable advantage next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kiith wrote: »
    I might watch it, if i can find a stream. Is it even on tv?

It's on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

can someone please explain to me why they don't want us to be in a tournament that we 'could' win (Europa) but would love us to be in a tournament that we wouldn't have a hope of winning (CL). Apart from the increased potential of attracting better players and prize money etc... why do people complain about the impact it has on our performance playing thurs & Sunday games as opposed to Weds & Sat games. The rest period is the same.
    I hope we qualify for the Europa league as it means more times I'll get to see the team I support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It has shown that it impacts our performance though. Look at our results after playing on Thursdays.

I'm happy enough for us to be in the EL, but we either go all out to win it and play our first team, or we play a second string team for the entire tournament. To be fair, it's about the only chance we have of getting into the CL in 2016, as i seriously doubt we'll be in the top 4 next year.

Kiith wrote: »
    It has shown that it impacts our performance though. Look at our results after playing on Thursdays.

I'm happy enough for us to be in the EL, but we either go all out to win it and play our first team, or we play a second string team for the entire tournament. To be fair, it's about the only chance we have of getting into the CL in 2016, as i seriously doubt we'll be in the top 4 next year.

I would say there is 0% chance of top 4 next season

Chelsea will spend big and be there agin
    City obviously
    United will be a completely different animal
    Arsenal are always there

Pool will sign a few players - not enough to compete in both competitions and may drop to 5th

Everton will prob go backwards as they got lucky with the loan signings

Finishing 5th - 7th, that's our level. It would be nice to be in the mix for fourth coming towards the end of the season, just to make things interesting. Unless your strikers are bang in form for the whole season, then forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Makes some change from the end of last season where we were all glued to the telly. Gutted about this season and have absolutely no enthusiasm for this match or whatever comes next over the summer. At least there's a World Cup to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

thank God it's our last game for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Going to this one aswell, but to be honest its all about the beer on Saturday night and pre and post match Sunday. The game is just a minor detail haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Going to this one aswell, but to be honest its all about the beer on Saturday night and pre and post match Sunday. The game is just a minor detail haha :D
    I haven't been over since the Liverpool disaster but I was told by a lad who was at the Southampton game I think it was and he said Spurs had a hospitality beer tent set up somewhere near the ground, has anyone else seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I haven't been over since the Liverpool disaster but I was told by a lad who was at the Southampton game I think it was and he said Spurs had a hospitality beer tent set up somewhere near the ground, has anyone else seen this?

Yeah this is true, its a members bar so have to show your card going in. It is basically behind the West stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yeah this is true, its a members bar so have to show your card going in. It is basically behind the West stand.

Yea it's the members club bar. I was in it twice. Different obviously to your normal boozer, better if your looking for a little more comfort if you have your bird with you for example. You can watch sky sports, have a pint and does some kebabs i think it is and other hot food ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm sure the local pubs are not to happy about that situation.

Sheerwood "I guarantee that I will pick a team today that wants to play for spurs and want to play the Europa league "

Expect Dawson , bentaleb, rose , naughton

Don't expect paulinho , dembele , sandro , soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Team: Lloris; Naughton, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Sandro; Sigurdsson, Paulinho, Eriksen; Adebayor, Kane

Wow, Sandro starts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Good chance for Kane

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Great goal, slick passing.

Pauly scores :pac:

Gotta score.

We could score a few here, Villa defending is dreadful

Kane has been a good provider.

Pauly making some good late runs from midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Kane like a vintage Ronaldo with the stepovers.

• Advertisement

2- 0 :P

Advertisement