Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Villa last game of the season!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Goal, OG from Baker I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Eriksen...nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ard kuck arry :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

3 nil, have to say we deserve it :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I kinda feel bad for Villa, Lerner was never going to pump any money into that club.

• Advertisement

Glad it's a good outing for Tippspur who's gone over for the game

Great save Villa keeper :eek:

Wouldn't mind seeing Soldado getting more than a 10 minute run out.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing Soldado getting more than a 10 minute run out.

Yes... it would be a good time to bring him on, the way we are playing.

Villa are very poor today

Good smash by Delph :P

• Advertisement

Who's this geezer?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sherwood being all chummy with Sandro there.

That looked nasty.

Kiith wrote: »

Good management :)

Vlad has been awful, constantly giving the ball away.

Naughton and Rose, two players I hope never to see in a Tottenham shirt again. Sigurdsson has been anonymous today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Kiith wrote: »

It's actually pathetic if the truth be told. An announcement tonight to get rid of him, freund and Ferdinand would be lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Lol, Sherwood just let one of the fans take his place in the dugout for a while.

Sad to see Sherwood walking off like that.

Not even shaking hand's with the players at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's actually pathetic if the truth be told. An announcement tonight to get rid of him, freund and Ferdinand would be lovely.

Why is it pathetic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

10th game I've been to this season, seen some okay wins and some absolutely pathetic losses home and away. Currently in a bar sitting with 8 other spurs fans from Ireland, Owner of the boozer we head to has food and a few beers on the table for us... win lose or draw. Tottenham till we die.

P.S We're ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

We shouldn't be turning our noses up @ the Europa League and here is why:

1.The winners qualify for the Champions League.
    2.Once we negotiate the group stages you are left with 4 home and away
    Knock out rounds to reach the final.
    3.If we are focused and make this competition a priority we should have
    enough class to be more than competitive with the 4th and 5th placed teams in
    Italy,Spain,Germany etc.
    4.If we are successful we get a European trophy and our holy grail together.

We need a reality check here-we will not finish 4th next season because we will have to finish above 2 of the following,City,Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool and utd and I don't see that happening.

What a magical night it would be to see us clinch a European trophy and champions league in one night- it would put that memorable night at the Etihad in the shade.

The reason we have not done well in the Europa is down to our own snobbery.

We can realistically win this trophy if we treat it with respect.

That is why I for one cannot understand why we would turn our noses up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

EoinMoran wrote: »
    10th game I've been to this season, seen some okay wins and some absolutely pathetic losses home and away. Currently in a bar sitting with 8 other spurs fans from Ireland, Owner of the boozer we head to has food and a few beers on the table for us... win lose or draw. Tottenham till we die.

P.S We're ****.

Enjoy horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Glad it's a good outing for Tippspur who's gone over for the game
    Thanks MonkieSocks,had a good day we won the game and all our travelling went without a hitch, all over them first half and deserved it,second half was poor enough though. Have to say fair play to the Villa fans they made some noise and were good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Italy,Spain,Germany etc.

What about the 1st and 2nd teams from those countries who get knocked out of the Champions League?

I'm also very concerned about the preparation time left for the Sunday Premier League match following a Europa League Thursday.

Putting all our eggs in to the Europa League basket is not advisable, particularly as it will be at the cost of our Premier League form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We shouldn't be turning our noses up @ the Europa League and here is why:

1.The winners qualify for the Champions League.
    2.Once we negotiate the group stages you are left with 4 home and away
    Knock out rounds to reach the final.
    Italy,Spain,Germany etc.
    4.If we are successful we get a European trophy and our holy grail together.

We need a reality check here-we will not finish 4th next season because we will have to finish above 2 of the following,City,Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool and utd and I don't see that happening.

What a magical night it would be to see us clinch a European trophy and champions league in one night- it would put that memorable night at the Etihad in the shade.

The reason we have not done well in the Europa is down to our own snobbery.

We can realistically win this trophy if we treat it with respect.

That is why I for one cannot understand why we would turn our noses up at it.

You can't be sure that Spurs won't finish in top four next season unless you have a top of the range Crystal ball. It may be unlikely we finish in top four?

Personally I think the europa league is a big pile of sh1te and I'm not looking forward to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I would say give the Europa League a go but be smart about it.
    Group games:
    Send the squad & young players to the arctic and west Asia games.
    Home group games use some of the 1st team.

Knockout:
    More of a mix of 1st team and squad players but limit travel and keep weekend fixtures in mind.

It is an easier method of getting Champions League football.
    If we get knocked out early I would not mind. Its an opportunity for fringe players to get matches, do well we progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

What about the 1st and 2nd teams from those countries who get knocked out of the Champions League?

I'm also very concerned about the preparation time left for the Sunday Premier League match following a Europa League Thursday.

Putting all our eggs in to the Europa League basket is not advisable, particularly as it will be at the cost of our Premier League form.

Your first point is the most important of all. Parachuting 8 teams into the EL from the CL is ruining the entire competition. Look at this year's EL, either 5 or 6 of the quarter finalists came from the CL.

If UEFA stopped bringing in the CL teams and went straight to a last 16 from the groups instead of a last 32, then I would agree with a lot of what Jason says above. As things stand however, Spurs would be better off not being involved in the EL at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    You can't be sure that Spurs won't finish in top four next season unless you have a top of the range Crystal ball. It may be unlikely we finish in top four?

Personally I think the europa league is a big pile of sh1te and I'm not looking forward to it,

You're right I can't be sure without knowing what players( if any) we bring in over the summer.
    But I can guarantee with the defenders we have on our books at the minute we will concede left right and centre again next season unless we get better ones in especially full backs.

Watch this space I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

I always hear people talking about next years EL winners getting Champions League,what does it matter we will never win it.

Last year we scraped past a bad Lyon team and nearly ****ed up a 3-0 lead against Inter. Oh ye that 3-0 lead anyone remember that? that was before the Kyles and Jake Livermore ****ed up big time against the pool,so what did AVB do? played Ade and Defoe upfront in the San Siro when we had a 3-0 lead and nearly cost us the game and fatigued them soo much we put in the worst performance I have seen in years at WHL against Fulham and we lost 1-0 putting up no fight.

We then lost to Basel on Pens even if we go through Benfica or Chelsea would have beaten us anway.

This season we lost easily to Benfica Chadli,Kane and Eriksen did more in the last 20 minutes in portugal than the rest of them sods did at WHL.

The biggest problem with this is the fact that the champions league dropouts ruin the legitimacy of the competition why bother topping the group and winning the last 32 tie if you just get a CL dropout with a far superior team?

It's the EUROPA LEAGUE NOT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DROPOUT REJECTS.

We would have a legit chance if it was just EL teams it probably would have been us Fiorentina Valencia Salzburg or Sevilla who would have won.

The Europa league is nothing but a cancer a false hope a joke of a competition.

Advertisement