Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended electrician?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I have a problem with an immersion. Basically, when it is switched on it throws the trip. The immersion coils in the tank have been tested twice and are now replaced. Plumber says it has to be electrical failure...Any ideas of a recommended competent electrician to repair it ASAP....need a shower badddd... Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Is it I on it's own breaker and the RCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

replace the coil as sometimes they are not installed correctly and they twist it sounds hard but it is really simple to do and can cause that effect any way hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

replace the coil as sometimes they are not installed correctly and they twist it sounds hard but it is really simple to do and can cause that effect any way hope this helps.
    Coil????
    The element is not a coil and is definitely wrongly installed if it looks like one!
    And if the correct one is installed it should certainly not twist! It's being installed into water, what's going to twist it?
    If an element is too long, it may catch the inner coil of the cylinder but only a clown would continue once it touches the coil inside.
    Anyway, I'd say the op is sorted by now, it's been a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

red sean wrote: »
    Coil????
    The element is not a coil and is definitely wrongly installed if it looks like one!
    And if the correct one is installed it should certainly not twist! It's being installed into water, what's going to twist it?
    If an element is too long, it may catch the inner coil of the cylinder but only a clown would continue once it touches the coil inside.
    Anyway, I'd say the op is sorted by now, it's been a month.

i know you might think that my reply was foolish although i had to replace 2 of these for the reason that i have stated, yes only a clown would continue to twist or maybe someone trying to save a few shillings by doing the job themselves before they figure out that they are not able to do it and end up costing themselves more then having the job done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Advertisement