Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Backlinks.

• 09-05-2014 7:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭

So the big focus seems to be in Backlinks.
    But for new e commerce businesses building these Backlinks is tough.
    I guest post on blogs in my field some give links in your name - are these worth anything really.
    Free ad sites are and directories another wonder, is this seen as good or bad ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Well Brian I think contextual links are always gong to be a part of rankings signals but it's where you get them from and
    how there placed that can quiet risky, if you know what your at fire away but I wouldn't be trying to get links on sites that
    have "guest post" "write for us" "ad your link" or anything in a byline type link especially for e commerce site as I assume it's your business.

Those type of links are grand from related niche blogs but better if it looked more natural as if you were just linked out to from another site ;) without you having provided the content.

Just take caution and look at it like this if a link is easy to get it's not worth getting for the risk to your business because google don't care about your business.

If I'm picking you up wrong and your a risk taker than just make sure you have full control of the links you get. You can get links from so many different types of content outside of blogs/writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

One of my tactics and maybe it's frowned on, is to filter through the backlinks of high ranking compeditors and replicate their linking sources.

My thinking, and maybe it's flawed is that if the sources and contexts are working for them then it should at worst be non damaging for me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Nothing wrong with that it's called being creative, if your not on google+ get on there now it's pretty amazing start sharing stuff if your business is limited to coming up with content then share funny images/video think youtube or anything like that google owns these property's and give's first preference to anyone that uses them. If you think not do a search for anything and what pops up is mostly google owned or related. I have a site that does not have "ONE" backlink pointed to it yet it gets free search traffic from google every day because I use youtube and google+ think about that not one nada but yet I rank for certain terms.

Advertisement