Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has threat of frost passed ?

• 09-05-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

Just want to get cracking on my pots & baskets ..... Do you think time is right & frost passed ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Never say never :) But yes I'd say so. There are a few cold nights ahead though (Monday and Tuesday) so just watch the forecast and maybe take your stuff indoors or into a shed if it looks too chilly ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=221

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

we had frost last year on the 10th of may here, but with the rain at the moment I think we are safe (but don't hold me to it, we have had a frost in june here too years back)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

There is frost forecast for tonight in some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing between 3 and 7 on various sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Gautama wrote: »
    There is frost forecast for tonight in some areas.
    redser7 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing between 3 and 7 on various sites.

Gautama's in Tibet of course!All joking aside,I think it's safe enough to start putting stuff out at this stage alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

RTE Radio One @ 07:55 of course. Don't all gardeners listen to this, the most important weather bulletin of the day?
    So yeah, temperatures of 3 to 7 degrees with ground temperatures of 0 degrees.

Last night there were ground temperatures as low as 0.5C.

Check out the RTE Radio player if you're stuck.

Advertisement