Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI visa debit in uk or buy sterling in cash

Options
  • 09-05-2014 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Would I be better off using my visa debit card in the uk for withdrawals or changing euro for sterling cash in Ireland before I go over? Which way would be cheapest? It would only be for a few hundred maybe two withdrawals on card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi paul64,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If buying Sterling in a branch the following commission will apply:

1% of the value with a minimum charge of €1.25 and maximum of €6.35

When using your card outside the Eurozone the following cross border handling charges apply:

ATM - 3.5% of transaction value with minimum charge of €3.17 and maximum charge €11.43 per withdrawal.

Point of Sale - 1.75% of transaction value with minimum charge of €0.46 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.

Contactless - 1.75% of transaction value with minimum charge of €0.10 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.

From this information you can compare and decide which would be best to suit your own requirements.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement