Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heat exchanger fan repair?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

we have two heat exchanger units in the attic that have been broken since we moved in.

reading the instructions, they need to be vacuumed out once a year, which i'm guessing never happened as they are both dead. house is 6 years old now and i've had an electrician check them and they both have power going to them, so it looks like the fans got clagged up and burnt out.

i did get a guy out who used to work for the company who installed them (who have since gone into receivership), but he was a bit of a cowboy and only interested in replacing them from scratch for €2.5k each, which is out of the question.

does anyone know of anyone who would deal with this kind of thing around dublin 15 and what it's likely to cost to get the fans replaced?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

can you post a picture of the unit and the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

can you post a picture of the unit and the fan
    I'm actually just recovering after a spinal fusion surgery and I can barely get off the sofa at the moment, never mind into the attic, but i think i have a picture somewhere from when I first looked at it.

Advertisement