Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One (M8) & Mac

• 09-05-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I've been using iPhone's for years but have got really bored of using one (first world problem, I know) and decided to pick up a HTC One M8. Lovely phone, very snappy, Kitkat is a great OS too and overall I'm happy.

Problem is I'm using it with a Mac and haven't been able to connect the phone to it yet. When I plug it in, it goes into MTP mode which as I understand it is a new feature of this OS. I always thought you could get an Android device to come up under a list of devices and access the file system/SD card directly. I read about turning on USB debugging which I have also activated but the phone won't show up on my Mac. When I plug it in the HTC Sync manager comes up which I have installed and when it launches it always says "HTC Sync Manager cannot access your phone's storage". What's going on? Is it that difficult to access an Android device on a Mac?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

What Mac is it? and what OS X are you running?

Min spec on HTC website says it has to be an Intel processor no mention of which OS though...

Did you try restarting the Mac with the phone still plugged in? I find sometimes when I add an external USB Memory, I need to restart if it is not seen first time.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Mine worked out of the box with my mac, my mac is quite old but it is intel based running osx 10.9.2. Whats the spec on your mac?
    I only picked up the m8 on wednesday and was using an iPhone since 2007/8.
    Hated it though, found it slow and cumbersome to do simple tasks, the onscreen buttons at the bottom were just a dreadful idea, anyway back in the box 24hours later and back on my trusty iPhone5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Download Android File Transfer. That's what I use!

You may plug in the phone and AFT won't detect the phone but leave it connected to the computer and restart the phone. It should detect it from there on in.

Advertisement