Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libertines - Hyde Park

Options
  • 09-05-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Anyone else heading over to this in July? Special guests The Pogues which should be entertaining! Had tickets for Pete Doherty in Derry before and it got cancelled but can't pass up the chance to see him and Carl, regardless of how under-rehearsed they could (probably) be :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Debated it but the size of the venue put me off a bit, 65k is massive and the low sound and curfew stuff with Hyde Park n all.

I'm sure if the sun is shining it'll be a great day though (saw them at Leeds in 2010 - chaos).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I'm going to wait and try and get tickets for the warm up gig when it's announced instead. Rather see them in a packed venue than a massive park!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

HighClass wrote: »
    I'm going to wait and try and get tickets for the warm up gig when it's announced instead. Rather see them in a packed venue than a massive park!

I imagine it'll be a tough one to get tickets for, probably be an ad-hoc announcement and only limited sale, something like they did back in '10!

bleach94 wrote: »
    I imagine it'll be a tough one to get tickets for, probably be an ad-hoc announcement and only limited sale, something like they did back in '10!

It'll be next to impossible. I'll be trying aswell though, and probably failing, like 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yup, I'm heading over for it! Should be good! Only ever saw The Libertines at Witnness with Pete, but didn't know any of their songs back then and at Oxegen without him, so looking forward to seeing the full band, even if it is just for a big payday.

• Advertisement

Close friend who would've undoubtedly come with me (we're both massive fans) is in the States so I'll most likely be heading alone.. Not that will stop me for a second. I'm buzzing now, God knows what I'll be like closer to the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

I'm heading over to this, moreso to see The Pogues though, but I'm sure The Libertines should be worth a watch as well.

Anyone any joy with Glasgow tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Also booked up for this, was surprised to pick up a flight into City at a relatively reasonable hour on the Saturday morning for 50 blips, looking forward to it

New gig being announced tomorrow at 12pm. Be interesting to see whether it's another intimate warmup or a festival date like Benicassim!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Libertines
    This July 12th we'll be at Optimus Alive in Portugal alongside Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, The Black Keys and loads more slingers. A three-day festival ticket is just £90, and you know it's going to be a hot, sticky one. Viver!

Bought a tout ticket for Glasgow, hate to pay it but **** it

nm wrote: »
    Bought a tout ticket for Glasgow, hate to pay it but **** it

Isnt there a rule regarding the buyer of the ticket being present at the concert?

Tuesday 30/9/14 - France Paris Zenith
    Thursday 2/10/14 - Netherlands Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall
    Friday 3/10/14 - Belgium Brussels FN Club
    Saturday 4/10/14 - Germany Berlin Columbiahalle
    Sunday 5/10/14 - Germany Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Electric Halle

Good to see the one off show has turned into a mini tour, talks of a new album in the works as well. Just wish they had an Irish date!

HighClass wrote: »
    Good to see the one off show has turned into a mini tour, talks of a new album in the works as well. Just wish they had an Irish date!

They said on facebook that those are not the only gig announcements they'll have this week, so I think an irish date is a possibility.

Kicking myself for buying that tout ticket for Glasgow now, should've known.

The Libertines have announced an additional show at Glasgow Barrowland for June 28.

The Libertines will warm up for their British Summer Time festival appearance in Hyde Park on July 5 with two Glasgow shows, scheduled for June 28 and 29. They also head to Spain for Benicàssim Festival on July 19.

I have on reasonably good authority, no Ireland gig, but 5 nights at Alexandra Palace in London, 25-29 September

Anyone who tried to buy tickets for Glasgow today successful?

bleach94 wrote: »
    Anyone who tried to buy tickets for Glasgow today successful?

Got two on the app and then got kicked off due to having an irish credit card. Raging, I had no idea the app for .co.uk would only allow UK residents.

• Advertisement

Got two on the app and then got kicked off due to having an irish credit card. Raging, I had no idea the app for .co.uk would only allow UK residents.

Tried to get two as well on the website and ran into similar problems.. wouldn't let me change the billing address from the UK or Northern Ireland which I don't understand as I bought a Hyde Park ticket off the website without any trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Stage times not available yet seemingly

http://www.bst-hydepark.com/event-info/faqs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Fingers crossed for an Irish gig at some stage. Even if it means waiting until next year for them to tour a new album ;)

Fingers crossed for an Irish gig at some stage. Even if it means waiting until next year for them to tour a new album ;)

I think they are in talks with MCD at the moment

According to the free official BST app:

Pogues 19:00 - 20:00
    The Libertines 20:45 - 22:15

What time are people heading to HP to get a good spot for The Pogues and The Libs??

Looks like they are announcing tour dates at 8:30 via the screens at the gig

I think 5 nights in Alexandra Palace in London and a Dublin gig (what venue though? - Olympia would be amazing)

I think 5 nights in Alexandra Palace in London and a Dublin gig (what venue though? - Olympia would be amazing)

Either a few nights in the Olympia or one in the o2

• Advertisement

The Academy would be ideal, love to see them in a venue that small!

Advertisement