Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Sky+ Box work without phone line ?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have sky multi room and 1 sky+ box, I want to get rid of my house phone. Now as far as I am aware they only use the phone line to make sure the box & cards are in the house that they are meant to be in, will my Sky+ box work without the phone line ? All i want it to do is record rewind and pause i dont use on demand or any other service like ordering films etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I have sky multi room and 1 sky+ box, I want to get rid of my house phone. Now as far as I am aware they only use the phone line to make sure the box & cards are in the house that they are meant to be in, will my Sky+ box work without the phone line ? All i want it to do is record rewind and pause i dont use on demand or any other service like ordering films etc.

Are you in contact? The reason I ask is that the phone line is no longer a requirement for new contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky+ will work perfectly without a phone line

Advertisement