Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium Banking Service Cold Call

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I just received a call from 01 611 5400 regarding this product. I was asked what my overdraft was and for 3 digits from my pin. Is this normal? I would have assumed that I would not be cold called and asked for information by BOI.. I kindly rejected the offer and hung up.

Was this a legitimate call and is this standard practice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Swampyjocks,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes this would have been a legitimate call from Bank of Ireland. 

From time to time we would make outbound calls to customers to conduct a review of their needs. Please note that you are not in any way obligated to take the call if you do not wish to do so. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swampyjocks

Strange, considering the BOI security post states:

"Never respond to any unsolicited email/texts that asks you to validate your login/payment credentials, no matter how reasonable the request looks.
    Never reveal any personal login information to anyone."
    Hi Swampyjocks,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes this would have been a legitimate call from Bank of Ireland. 

From time to time we would make outbound calls to customers to conduct a review of their needs. Please note that you are not in any way obligated to take the call if you do not wish to do so. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Swampyjocks,

Thanks for your post. 

Yes, if you receive an email or text message asking for account information or log in details we would never advise customers to reply by giving such information. We would also advise never to click on a link in an email asking for you to log in to your account. 

However, our Customer Care department would occasionally make calls to conduct a customer review and ask for verification details such as three random digits of your Bank of Ireland 365 PIN. It is possible to ask for it to be noted on your account that you are not contacted in the future for these phone calls.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement