Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsWorld in Waterford

Options
  • 09-05-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the rumours of a SportsWorld store opening in the former Arramount store beside Heatons SuperValu are true?

I know they've an association with Heatons and are sponsoring Waterford United, so it's strange they're not already here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

gscully wrote: »
    Anyone know if the rumours of a SportsWorld store opening in the former Arramount store beside Heatons SuperValu are true?

I know they've an association with Heatons and are sponsoring Waterford United, so it's strange they're not already here.

Probably true. A number of sports worlds are located within heatons around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Heard this is true from one of the girl's working there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is SportsWorld not across from Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sully wrote: »
    Is SportsWorld not across from Dunnes?

Sports Savers I think Sully. SportsWorld are much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Sports world are the same crowd as mike Ashley's sports direct in the uk.

Lots of decent stock at good prices. Could put Alfie's under pressure which wouldn't be a good thing imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Gavlor wrote: »
    Sports world are the same crowd as mike Ashley's sports direct in the uk.

Lots of decent stock at good prices. Could put Alfie's under pressure which wouldn't be a good thing imo

Why wouldn't it be a good thing if it puts Alfie's under pressure? Alfie's is a rip off at the best of times.

obezyana wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be a good thing if it puts Alfie's under pressure? Alfie's is a rip off at the best of times.

Local, well run with quality products.

There are always discounts for club members. Soccer, running etc

Yeah but not everyone is a member of a club so the discounts wouldn't be given to them. When Alfie's have a sale they are still dearer then anyone else.

Yeah but not everyone is a member of a club so the discounts wouldn't be given to them. When Alfie's have a sale they are still dearer then anyone else.

Fair enough, but i'd rather spend a fiver extra there than anywhere else in town

Fair enough, but i'd rather spend a fiver extra there than anywhere else in town

And that my friend is exactly what you are entitled to do :) I do think myself Sportsavers is a good store and it's good that Waterford might be getting one.

BTW the way it's definitely always more than a fiver in price difference from Alfie's to anywhere else even at sale time.

• Advertisement

And that my friend is exactly what you are entitled to do :) I do think myself Sportsavers is a good store and it's good that Waterford might be getting one.

BTW the way it's definitely always more than a fiver in price difference from Alfie's to anywhere else even at sale time.

That's because you aren't getting the discount ;)

That's because you aren't getting the discount ;)

Damn it I knew I wasn't special enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

As i run quite a bit myself. I was buying a pair of asics kayano's witch In Alfies where 195 euros witch is a rip off and would not move on the price and went over to lifestyle ok they where not colour i wonted but where €115 euros.

I am sorry €80 is a high difference on price and with sports world going to open a can't wait to get cheap running gear as the stuff has gone up to crazy prices lately €40 euros for under armer tee is a bit nuts to be far

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Padgehunting

Ya it opening in October

Advertisement