Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn repair help

• 09-05-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have some questions about how I could fix this lawn (pics attached).

The lawn had some weeds and moss throughout the grass so I mowed the lawn and then sprinkle Westlands after cut all in one. After 7 days i have noticed greening in the lawn but i'm also noticing the moss going black and there still are some yellow patches. So no not really sure what I should do next?

The westlands crew recommend raking out the moss after 3-4 weeks, it's now 2 weeks since I treated it. Should i then re-seed the area with grass? or should i buy some patch repair? or will the grass naturally grow back in those areas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Give it some more time, rake out the dead crap and then over-seed it. It will be fine. Don't let the seed stay dry too long so a quick hose in the evenings if there is a dry patch should help it germinate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

redser7 wrote: »
    Give it some more time, rake out the dead crap and then over-seed it. It will be fine. Don't let the seed stay dry too long so a quick hose in the evenings if there is a dry patch should help it germinate.

thanks, actually on that seeding point. I've laid some fresh topsoil out in the back garden (use to be a concrete slabbed path that i lifted), i've put seeds down and i water every day, 2-3 weeks later i see some good growth in patches but no growth in other areas, the seeds are just sitting there (i've pressed them into the soil). Any ideas of what i should do to help this along?

Nothing more you can do if you've kept them damp. They might still germinate. Germination will happen at different rates. Or they might be dead. I'd chuck some more seed on to be safe if you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

also I presume it's ok that they sit on top of the soil (pressed in) but i shouldn't fully cover the seeds with soil?

No, you don't have to cover it, it needs light I believe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement