Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Measuring Scales

• 09-05-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope I am posting this in the right area.

I am looking to post a quick question. Can anyone tell me if the scales that can measure Bodyweight, Bodyfat %, Body muscle mass, Body water % etc. How accurate would they be ?. I would also be covering those scales that you could stand on in the chemists. Which measure all of those % of water, bodyfat etc. How accurate would they be.

I have used different scales from the ones you CAN buy over the internet that do measure all that I have said to those in the chemist. I have the bodyfat Calipers. I have gone online and have used a 5 and 8 point caliper position test. There was only two areas that I could not reach myself, the shoulder blade and back of tricep. I have gotten results back from this showing a bodfat % using the calipers of 20%. Then I have used a friends scales which was expensive (€130) that measures the same and I have gotten back a % of 32.5%. To me that is a laft drift in figures.

Cheers

Advertisement