Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scallops and shellfish

• 09-05-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Does anyone know a supplier of fresh/frozen shellfish ? I am finding it difficult to locate fresh or frozen scallops, our local town does not have a fish shop and our local supervalu only does basic cod, salmon etc. I am living near Lahinch where I can get fresh crab & lobster from a local pier but want to do scallops some evening !

Any ideas on where to go to get scallops ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink to Clare, as I am sure that the locals can advise you on fishmongers in the area who can supply these.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

Rene Cusack's in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭dmc17

Sealyons are based in Carrigaholt and will deliver to your door. I always see their vans on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

Super Valu in Kilrush sells Frozen Scallops all year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Nearest to you might be the company in Doolin that supplies fresh fish, including scallops, to restaurants in Clare. Don't know if they sell quantities small enough for a family but always worth asking. http://www.garrihysseafoods.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Thanks for the replies ....hopefully will get some fresh scallops soon !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'd be interested to know, since it has always astonished me just how difficult it is to get some fresh and above all local fish.
    I always have the sneaking suspicion that all those fish shops get their produce from anywhere else but here.
    I was once in Miltown Malbay and asked where can I buy some fish and was pointed to the supermarket which sells Captain Birdseye.
    The mind boggles. There just does not seem to be a connection in people's minds between an ocean right in front of people and the fish that's in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Red Clover

Charlie Sexton, the fisherman, in Doonbeg has opened a retail shop just north of the Doonbeg village on the N67 - near the dangerous bridge at the turn-off to Doughmore Beach.

Advertisement