Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanting to open new account without bank account

Options
  • 09-05-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,im looking to open a new electricity account and pay a deposit.is it possible to get the bill sent to my address instead of direct debit?also how much would the deposit be?thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest in being with Electric Ireland.

The security deposit is €300 and is refunded after a minimum of 14 months. Customers who pay a security deposit do not have to pay by direct debit - it just needs to be one or the other.

Bills are posted also, unless the customer chooses to register for online billing (for which there is a discount of 2%).

Paying by direct debit entitles the customer to a discount of 13%.

Do let us know if you would like any further assistance/information.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭martin123123

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest in being with Electric Ireland.

The security deposit is €300 and is refunded after a minimum of 14 months. Customers who pay a security deposit do not have to pay by direct debit - it just needs to be one or the other.

Bills are posted also, unless the customer chooses to register for online billing (for which there is a discount of 2%).

Paying by direct debit entitles the customer to a discount of 13%.

Do let us know if you would like any further assistance/information.

Regards,
    Una
    Hi thanks for the quick reply.if i'm a tenant and i want to pay direct debit do i need to also  pay a deposit? thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Martin,

Happy to help. Any new residential customer to Electric Ireland would be required to pay the security deposit (refundable after a minimum of 14 months) or set up direct debit to pay their bills (for a minimum of 14 months). Just one or the other - never both.

I am here until 6pm if you would like further info/assistance.

Here is the page on our website from which to begin registering.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement