Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work placement in carlow

Options
  • 09-05-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi i am doing a social care degree in carlow and wanted to know what were the best places to do work placement in. I have already worked in disability area so other areas of social care. If you can think of anywhere would be great help manly in carlow town thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hi, was in a similar position to yourself recently. Found it hard to find anywhere in Carlow due to the numbers in both colleges seeking placement. Ended up going to Kilkenny.

St Dympna's offer placement but it is usually filled very quickly. The SVdP hostel, IWA, Holy Angels and the Delta Centre are other options.

Outside of Carlow town the Cheshire home in Tullow are always looking, or you could try the different nursing homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

The vault on burrin street.

It is a youth centre so I don't know if you would be interested in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Depending on learning outcomes/requirements some places might not be suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shauna93

thanks for the replys guys i will look into those places :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement