Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomeha media player

Options
  • 09-05-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Folks

i have a 1TB iomega media player thats not shown any my movies on my tv, it will show them if i connect it to my computer. anyone know why this is happening.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

mobyfitz20 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

i have a 1TB iomega media player thats not shown any my movies on my tv, it will show them if i connect it to my computer. anyone know why this is happening.

Thanks

How are you connecting the Media Player to the TV? It should be via HDMI and not USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mobyfitz20

hi there

thanks for the reply, i'm connecting it through a hdmi cable, it will show the iomega icon on my team and thats all, it doesn't go any further.

hi there

thanks for the reply, i'm connecting it through a hdmi cable, it will show the iomega icon on my team and thats all, it doesn't go any further.

That's strange. Has it stopped working suddenly or is it the player a new purchase?

it's about 2 years old, was working fine up till about 2 weeks ago, it just wouldn't show anything that iv'e on the hdd. If i connect it to my desktop through usb it show all my movies are there. now i have to copy the movies over to a usb stick and plug that into my tv.

Very strange indeed

it's about 2 years old, was working fine up till about 2 weeks ago, it just wouldn't show anything that iv'e on the hdd. If i connect it to my desktop through usb it show all my movies are there. now i have to copy the movies over to a usb stick and plug that into my tv.

Very strange indeed

Sounds like some kind of glitch in the rudimentary OS. Might be worth a firmware update

• Advertisement

If you don't mind me asking what does that involve?

If you don't mind me asking what does that involve?

You may have to update the firmware on your device. To do this you would need to plug screenplay into your laptop and update from there.

Check your version is the Screenplay HD. If not you'll have to find correct update for your model. Might also be worth checking if there's someway to reset the player.

Make sure you have a backup of your files first

Download and instructions are on this page:
    https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20025

Advertisement