Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interships elibility

• 09-05-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi I'm a student just finishing my 3rd year of college but seems impossible to get any work. Seen an internship that i would be very interested in so just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of internships are entitled to and if internships say they are 50 euro extra on your social welfare are students eligible for these if u have not been on socail welfare and are just finishing college

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

You must be receiving jobseekers payments for three months or more before you are eligible for a JobsBridge internship.

So you must force yourself to be unemployed for three months. You can however apply for internships and attend interviews for those positions. But unless the employer is willing to wait until you are eligible you will not be able to take up the position.

And be critical during an interview. Exploitation is absolutely rife with Jobs bridge even with 'prestigious' organisations. Im on one myself at the moment and only for I have particular reasons to be seen to be enrolled in one id be gone.

Apply for one close by as well because the extra 50 will be eaten away with lunch and transport costs. And you don't want to end up worse off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dougalbear

Hi coolemon just noticed this post regards to internships. Do you know if it is possible to approach any company with the view to them taking you on for an internship or is it only companies that are listed on jobsbridge that you can apply to??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

dougalbear wrote: »
    Hi coolemon just noticed this post regards to internships. Do you know if it is possible to approach any company with the view to them taking you on for an internship or is it only companies that are listed on jobsbridge that you can apply to??

I guess you could try approaching a company you are interested in for an internship. I am sure that if they were interested in taking you up it would be a short process for them to list themselves with the DSP. So id say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

Sent an email to the company that were advertising saying i would be interested bt not entitled got an interview this week :)

Advertisement