Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 9th of May 2014

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Goodnight all....

T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Out of coverage tonight, hope you all enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Breaking Bad is on Tg4. So it's not French nudity, but it's the next best sliced bread hockey stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Bingo.

Yer wan comparing politics to a plumber or carpenter wanting to hand on their skills to their kids and, have them carry on the family business was laughable.

Guess what missus....if an unqualified plumber makes a mess of things in my house, I just call another one. The fate of country is not going down the effing toilet just, because some some unqualified wanker has delusions of grandeur, because his Da is a TD. Makes my blood boil. :mad:

Stock answer to a familiar question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jim Sheridan is surely Fr Tod Umptious's long lost brother!

Is he now ?
    I never heard of him Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is he now ?
    I never heard of him Ted.

Sorry, I meant Tod Unctious.

Totally unrelated to you. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That discussion on female TDs needed a broader panel ... some retired TDs like Olwyn Enright or Gemma Hussey (anyone except Mary O'Rourke) could have spoken more frankly than those who will be facing re-election soon. Olivia O'Leary or some other journalists might have been good. Even a man for balance.

The intro was terrible ... "We had some female TDs on a while back, and here are some more". It's a worthy topic for discussion but he made it sound like they were only on the show because they had to get their chance too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I was out working so I missed the show... :( ..Only thirty pages.. I can only assume that it is me that writes the other twenty pages on a regular show..

Did I miss anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Did I miss anything?

Not a lot. Just a posthumous interview with the late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif - in deceptively fine fettle for a man who 'assumed room temperature' several years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Skid X wrote: »
    That discussion on female TDs needed a broader panel ... some retired TDs like Olwyn Enright or Gemma Hussey (anyone except Mary O'Rourke) could have spoken more frankly than those who will be facing re-election soon. Olivia O'Leary or some other journalists might have been good. Even a man for balance.

The intro was terrible ... "We had some female TDs on a while back, and here are some more". It's a worthy topic for discussion but he made it sound like they were only on the show because they had to get their chance too.

Agreed.
    I didn't think any of them came across particularly well, but I was not giving it full attention, to be honest. I'd have preferred a balance, including male politicians, and as you have suggested, some journalists or 'outsiders' of some sort.

(Or Twink...ah no, it's just we haven't mentioned her in a while):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You can imagne eejit Enda thinking "Ah shure we'll let his daughter run in the by-election. She'll get the sympathy vote. Job done."

And she could have a similar illness to her father, making her unsuitable to high office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

RayM wrote: »
    Not a lot. Just a posthumous interview with the late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif.

Was he alive at the start of the interview or did he die during Tubridy's questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I missed the late late last night because I fell asleep early.

I was told of Derek Ryan and Sharon Shannon. There's a video on youtube from their late late show performance and just watched it there. They were brillant. I love it very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Just watched this show earlier. Omar Sharif, good guest if Tubridy let him talk more.

Dara O'Brian? Again .... !!!!

Derek Ryan and Sharon Shannon? Ultimately soulless imo. Just compare this to the music put out by Shannon in the company of her contemporary Dolores Keane, whose documentary tonight showed what REAL Irish folk is. Hold onto your hat is another Galway girl soundalike akin to Day of my return. Only this song makes Day of my return look like a masterpiece. Poorly written and repetitive in the extreme. Sharon's playing is the only saving grace but the singer is poor and soulless. Sharon is embarrassing herself by using her talents on this mediocricy and backing a very mediocre even poor vocalist ... Where are they getting all these so-called stars from? Derek Ryan seems to be the new Nathan Carter who was the new Mike Denver.

And if that wasn't bad enough, we had to endure yet more bloomin' politicians. A whole load of them to keep us entertained with their false promises. All parties seemed to have had their say. Pity we didn't have Gerry Adams in the mix as well!

Advertisement