Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post registered post

Options
  • 09-05-2014 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

How long does a registered item take to post.

I ordered something last week. Got an update on wednesday morning to say it was posted by registered post. Got a tracking number.

Friday evening and there's no tracking information available at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Was the item posted in Ireland or abroad?
    If it was in Ireland then there should be tracking information available on the AnPost website that afternoon.
    If it was posted from abroad then you can track it on the foreign carriers website from its origin until it leaves that country. It won't show up on AnPost's site until it gets to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

The last two letters of the tracking number was IE. So that was posted within Ireland, was it?

That sounds right, AnPost tracking number are usually like 'RL 123 123 123 IE'.

If I were you I would contact the seller and tell them that the tracking number returns no information. Perhaps they made a typo with the number they sent you. If the item was posted within Ireland, then 90% of the time it would arrive the next day. But it should still have been visible on the AnPost website.

Cool thanks, getting worried a bit as its friday now and it was posted on wednesday and no tracking information.

Of course no tracking information available, and like you said 90% of the time you'll get it the next day. And its friday now. And nothing.

Not looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It could well be that it is not posted yet at all. Out offices franked and labelled our own mail. We had all the registered post labels etc and could give you a number of one at any time without the item having yet left our building. Just a thought. It could still have been on the sender's premises until outgoing post on Thursday.

• Advertisement

It could well be that it is not posted yet at all. Out offices franked and labelled our own mail. We had all the registered post labels etc and could give you a number of one at any time without the item having yet left our building. Just a thought. It could still have been on the sender's premises until outgoing post on Thursday.

That is true but it would then get scanned on Thursday evening at the sorting office and immediately be visible on the website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The last two letters of the tracking number was IE. So that was posted within Ireland, was it?

Not necessarily- often when registered post from abroad hits the Irish system (or vice versa) it is assigned a local tracking number. An Post have a separate tracking system (not available to customers) for letters or packets from abroad that may have had local tracking applied to them. Its damn annoying- especially if you don't know whats happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Cool thanks, getting worried a bit as its friday now and it was posted on wednesday and no tracking information.

Of course no tracking information available, and like you said 90% of the time you'll get it the next day. And its friday now. And nothing.

Not looking good.

Even if it was posted on Wednesday it could have been too late to get wednesday's post.
    Main postoffices have their post collected at 5.30, but smaller post offices range from 2.30pm to 5pm depending on their location.

At the end of the day, its the sender who has the correct information and if they don;t give you correct info you won't be able to track

What does the RL stand for in the tracking number?

Thing is the tracking number I was given began with LL, end in IE.

Could have been a mistake and should have been an R instead of an L. It doesn't make a difference.

I realise this cant be tracked if there's a mistake. But it should still get it to me without the tracking. I had no issues with other mail getting to me.

And I was given the tracking number at 10am on wednesday morning, so no issue missing the last post that evening.

Previous tracking numbers from different people have all been began with RL.

So thats 3 things that has me a bit worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Could have been a mistake and should have been an R instead of an L. It doesn't make a difference.

I realise this cant be tracked if there's a mistake. But it should still get it to me without the tracking. I had no issues with other mail getting to me.

And I was given the tracking number at 10am on wednesday morning, so no issue missing the last post that evening.

The post is delayed... That happens.. Try typing RL xxx xxx xxx IE so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I have a whole roll of tracking barcodes here- I put them on post as I'm doing it- doesn't mean I've actually brought it to the post office- sometimes it could be the following day. Doesn't mean its not valid- it is- but you don't have to bring the item to the post office for it to have a tracking number.

I have a whole roll of tracking barcodes here- I put them on post as I'm doing it- doesn't mean I've actually brought it to the post office- sometimes it could be the following day. Doesn't mean its not valid- it is- but you don't have to bring the item to the post office for it to have a tracking number.

Oh ok. Never knew that. Still should have been in the post as soon as possible. Thursday, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

LL codes are on green tracking labels (for parcel post I think)

RL codes are for registered items and are blue.

If the items code does not show up when you insert it into the tracking box HERE then it is not in the An Post system and either has not been sent or lost before it was first scanned.

As was said earlier, check with the retailer that you have been given the correct tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

An LL tracking number is express post.

HardLuckWoman,

Do you have an update on this? Did they give you an invalid tracking number? Did the parcel ever arrive?

No update.

I'll be an honest now with why I wanted the information on registered post. I didnt want to sound like a fool in the first post. But anyway.

I bought tickets of Seatwave. Third party scammers on it. They must have thought they would update an invalid tracking number and pretend tickets have been shipped. I mean, to be waiting a week.

Im getting the run around by seatwave being given excuses.

Im not sure what the bank would do regarding a chargeback.

I understand where you are coming from, it does all sound a bit suspect to me. I regularly post letters and parcels all around Ireland and it is only once in a blue moon that it takes longer than a day and by that I mean maybe two days. A week is ridiculous. If I were you, I would start looking for a refund through Seatwave or a chargeback or something.

I was told on Sunday by Seatwave that they contacted the seller and it'll be posted on Monday.

Two days later and nothing.

But I knew that was a rubbish excuse.

Im being given the run around with Seatwave with excuses.

So I dont think the bank will help me with a chargeback until they flat out refuse to refund. I dont know. But its excuse, excuse, excuse until then.

The only thing I do have is a tracking number that doesnt work. Not sure if they will take that.

I think the eejit reads boards and figured who it was or something.

Item has been posted at 17.37 and on its way. After a fcuking week after being given the tracking number.

Is the tracking number they gave you giving results on the AnPost site now? Or is he telling you that he posted it.

• Advertisement

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Is the tracking number they gave you giving results on the AnPost site now? Or is he telling you that he posted it.

Yeah results on AnPost tracking. So thats something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Consumer Issues > An Post registered post

This thread title is very unjust to An Post as your issue has been with Seatwave all along.

Good news (at last).

Advertisement