Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a stock from the US?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Im trying to source a Boyds Tacticool in Blue for my 10/22 and Boyds wont ship the tacticool internationally, I can get a black or green from the UK but they are mad money and Id really like blue laminate colour. Is there any way I could use a reposting service to get on from the US to here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Boyds won't send it to a reshipper if the payment comes from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

No, I would imagine they are mad money because they require an export licence they sell internationally so if they could they would. You would be breaking ITAR regulations which is pretty serious.

" International Buyers: Due to language barriers, please create your own account to assure accurate address and payment info is provided.

Please note current limits and restrictions on international orders:

- TactiCool stocks & AR-15 parts CANNOT be exported!"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Try Boyds EU dealers.For some reason if they can ship to the EU countries on the approved list,thee EU countries will ship to Ireland no problem.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Try Boyds EU dealers.For some reason if they can ship to the EU countries on the approved list,thee EU countries will ship to Ireland no problem.

Cheers Grizz, Do you know any? Gunshop.ie only have the Evo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Maybe consider an alternative that can easily be shipped as it's already in the EU. Such as Klinsky. They run around €230, but getting one would be much easier than getting from the States, according to what the lads are saying.

30710_2.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Similar to a stock made by an irish gunsmith alright, They are a possiblilty, Had an idea for the blue laminate but If i cant get it its an option :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm getting this wrong i think.

Is this the Boyds one:

boyds1022-2.jpg

Or is it this one?

Boyds10-22build002.jpg

The top one is the one that comes up hence the reason i recommended Klinsky. But your description of Blue, laminate, thumbhole seems to say the second one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

I think what he wants is the style of the top one in blue. It would b a custom option from boyd I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

cw67irl wrote: »
    Similar to a stock made by an irish gunsmith alright, They are a possiblilty, Had an idea for the blue laminate but If i cant get it its an option :-)

I dont think that gunsmith actually makes the stocks. i think there amde elsewhere but his logo is embossed in to them

dax121 wrote: »
    I think what he wants is the style of the top one in blue. It would b a custom option from boyd I'd imagine

A+ For Dax!!!! Yep exactly right. I reckon it will do the job rightly!! I might have the problem sorted i will update when I know!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I have no idea if Stocky's Stocks ship to Ireland, however, it is worth a shot.

They have a few stocks you may prefer over Boyd's: Terminator 2, Stingers, and Target, to name a few.

FISMA wrote: »
    I have no idea if Stocky's Stocks ship to Ireland, however, it is worth a shot.

They have a few stocks you may prefer over Boyd's: Terminator 2, Stingers, and Target, to name a few.

Thanks for that FISMA, I hadn't even considered stockys!! I might be sorted I will update when I know for definite!!

Advertisement