Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

front brakes "pulsing" under hard breaking

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

Another low tech (but cheap) idea would be to go over both sides of the brake disc with some sort of light abrasive material. If there is any residue clinging to the surface of the disc this could remove it. If part of the disc is contaminated every time this bit goes throughout the caliper it will cause it to " slip " giving the impression of a warped disc.
    I use a kitchen scourer or some very fine grain sand paper
    Worth a try....

Another low tech (but cheap) idea would be to go over both sides of the brake disc with some sort of light abrasive material. If there is any residue clinging to the surface of the disc this could remove it. If part of the disc is contaminated every time this bit goes throughout the caliper it will cause it to " slip " giving the impression of a warped disc.
    Worth a try....

Worth a try....

Worth a try....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Hextuple post :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I tried the cleaning the bobbins thing today which ended in failure:o
    The allen key end has rounded so ill have a job tomorrow to cut it off with an angle grinder. First bobbin I attempted also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

raven41 wrote: »
    Worth a try....

Got a bit of a STUTTER do we :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Worth a try....

Why would you think a kitchen scourer would remove what a brake pad can't???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why would you think a kitchen scourer would remove what a brake pad can't???
    Brake pads aren't designed to be abrasive, they use a blend of material to create friction without wearing the discs down too fast.
    Light sandpaper will remove the surface of the disc and any deposited material without creating problems.
    Use a flat block to ensure pressure is even.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Feckin new samsung tablet. No idea how that happened....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Feckin new samsung tablets.....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I cleaned all of one disk and half of the other.
    and the pulsing seems to be getting better.
    I stripped the bolt is my reason for stopping ;)
    gonna finish the job tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i did the bobbins on mine today, seems to have cured my judder as well!

Advertisement