Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Help!

Options
  • 09-05-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I Have UPC running a thomson router without problems. I have a DVR and an air video hd server running on my mac. Up until a week ago I could easily access both CCTV and Video server from outside the network but then all of a sudden I can't access either.
    I have double checked local IP addresses haven't changed. Specified Ports are open on the router. I can't for the life of me figure what has changed.
    Anyone any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'm assuming you can access the resources from within the network?
    Has your external IP address changed? Do you have a static IP or are you using dynamic DNS with a dynamic IP?
    Use http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to test the open ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Thanks roast. yes I can access locally no probs. what is strange is the cctv service started working remotely again....but not the video server.... my heads wrecked! the external IP isn't static but rarely changes and but the services I use don't require a static IP as they are username and password type services and open the ports. I have to turn off firewall to use port checkers and still cant reach port 45633 which is the port i need.

Advertisement