Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at DPL Dundalk

Options
  • 09-05-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    i arrived to my car today to find a letter from the town council claiming that i was illegally parked. I says I was parked on a footpath/cycleway on bother an iarainn. It claims if i park there I'll be fined or brought to court. To my knowledge I wasn't parked illegally as i wasn't causing an obstruction/parked dangerously/on a footpath or a cycleway or for that matter even on bother an iarainn? I was parked along the railings at DPL . Can anyone confirm the situation with this cul de sac? I'm going to ring the person on monday as I don't think I was doing anything wrong based on their letter and the appropriate byelaws/road traffic acts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

How's this working out for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Between dodge rent or rates collecters and questionable illegal parking notices, and previous thread on speeding fine revoked doesnt inspire confidence does it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

It dosn't but i'd like to see a photo of were the Op was parked before i make up my mind.
    I was down that way yesterday and noticed that a lot of the Matthews bus commuters(i'm guessing the op is one) have stopped parking there and i also noticed that the Council have put up a lot of "NO PARKING " signs in that area and they seem to have had the desired affect.Not one car was parked there.

The letter was prob generic generated,posted on all cars as a warning,no fine imposed.
    With the stout warning, Do it again and you will be fined.
    Is that how it was op?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

Sorry i've been cycling to work most days so I haven't had to park since. There are no no parking signs along there still. I did see the ones on the cycle lanes alright. some people are still parking along the railings at DPL since. It was getting bad at one stage there though as people were parking at the cycle barriers along there too. I actually did take photos on the day. A satellite photo on google maps shows the area I'm talking about at 54.003273, -6.395020

Advertisement