Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 4 Results

Options
  • 09-05-2014 7:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chargers just about get by the Falcons with a 7 point win.
    Falcons left to rue missed opportunities and mistakes especially in the 1st half,a strong drive to the Chargers goal line led by Julio Jones and some animal of a TE with the scores level but then a pick is throw in the end zone and driving inside the 2 min mark before half time they throw a pick when pushing for a score and chargers are able to score off to take the lead before half time and I think maintained a 1 score lead till the end.
    Chargers on the other side of the ball struggled at times,o-line wasn't really holding up and a defense that couldn't cover(apart from Weddle,he's a boss!) or get any sort of pressure(o sacks)

GG Gatsby,Watt was always coming with pressure and its damn hard to cover all those attacking options you have.

First user game for me with the Chargers and they've got problems everywhere,lucky to win this game,doubt I'll keep getting that

Also Crabtree fumbled his very first catch for me,he's meant to be my star reciever!
    My Reaction:
    resized_obi-wan-the-chosen-one-meme-generator-you-were-the-chosen-one-i-trusted-you-4d4e12.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

EA servers are down for me so I can't get any stats, but the Saints beat the Seahawks 38-6.

Seahawks noved the ball very well to start but had to settle for field goals on two early red zone trips while the Saints scored TD's on two of theirs. Also, the Saints fumbled just outside their own 20 which was recovered by the Seahawks but intercepted by Patrick Robinson on the very next play and the Saints scored soon after which meant the Seahawks had to revert to throwing the ball more to keep in touch. Luckily my defense stepped up to this with an INT and a fumble recovery.

Good game Padraic and good to speak to you as always. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Whats going on in Baltimore, 4 times they've tried to play and still no luck.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A few disconnects but a router was restarted and worked fine then ^^^

Texans 45 Ravens 21

Looks a hammering but the Ravens kept it to a one score game until just before half time. Could have been closer possibly but the Texans recovered a goalline fumble :(

Arian Foster rushed for 162yds and caught for 116yds. Brandon Marshall caught for 119yds and Owen Daniels had 2 TDs

The Ravens kept up a decent offence in the 1st half with with Pitta who finished with 121 yds but Foster just ripped up the field in reply every time

MVP: Brian Cushing had 10 tackles and a pick and was immense all game. Shut down a large part of the run game by himself

Good game and good luck for the season

The Titans & Colts GMs will be unhappy, oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Yeh the internet was,naturally , probably my fault tho I like 2 think that the weather conditions didn't help!

Yeh was a good game, was dying for a human one for ages! Foster was great, ripping off runs of 50 plus yards twice I think and Cushing was at his prime.

I think the turning point was 4 mins after halftime when you returned a kickoff return to the house, follower by a 3 and out! You were driving up the field and unlucky, threw a pick , letting me keep my 14 point lead! Could have gone either way then! Once I went 3 TDs up, as you said, you had to air it out and go no huddle!

Pitta was hard to stop on his slants but I started usering the covering player to combat it! Lead to Cushing pick so I was pretty happy about that!

Ravens defense is really good at different defensive looks and confused me as when pressures was going to be brought. And I found very hard to generate pressure when Flacco stood in the pocket!

Best of luck in your season and nice talking to you about the draft and stuff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 30 Browns 17

Good game on Friday night between 2 AFC North teams.

The Bengals came out on top. The Browns started very well with a very good drive, converting several key 3rd downs.

At the end of the drive they stalled however and had to settle for 3.

The Bengals then responded scoring 2 TD's without response and then added a safety just before half time to take a lead of 16-3.

In the second half The Bengals scored again and when the Browns lost a fumble from a promising position it looked all over. After another TD for the Bengals, Benjamin took the kickoff all the way back, and on the next possesion the Browns scored again.

Unfortunately for them it was all too late as the Bengals were able to run out the clock.

Bernard racked up 138 yards and 2 TD's on the ground along with 1 receiving TD to take away the game ball.

Apart from the key fumble the Browns had some terrible drops and nothing really went there way.

Thanks for the game, I'll chat to you again later in the season.

Browns and Bengals are on 3-1 with the ravens one game back at 2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pats @ Titans
    Titans receive and go up and score.. Pats have to take 3.. but the Titans then throw a pick 6!

Titans hit back pretty quick... KO is returned by the Pats though :mad:

Johnson fumbles on the 2 yard line! Titans recover though!
    Titans fumble agfain! but recover!
    Titans TD

50 seconds left and the PAts with 2 TO

RG goes wide left but Sensabaugh jumps and picks it off
    Pats DBs blow coverage and Wright on an in route catches and makes for the end zone

17-28 Titans @ HT, Pats to receive

Pats get a quick drive and a short passing TD

Titans on 4th and inches at their own 35.. go for it..
    They dont get it!

Sensabaugh then drops a pick!
    RG scrambles.. incomplete and its a FG
    Titans have a 1 point lead

Titans get stopped and punt
    Pats on 3rd and 19.. Gooden gets a great sack

Titans on 3rd and 10.. Wright makes a clutch catch for the 1st down

2 min warning, Titans have the ball on the Pats 43 with the the Pats having 3 TOs, C2J breaks off a run to the pats 10

Pats get the stop at the 6, Titans kick a FG making it a 4 point game with 55 seconds left

Massive play on the 1st pass..Pats at the Titans 41
    Big play again

Verner then picks off a pass and the Titans get the win

27-31 Titans

Titans with 384 yards, 154 rushing
    Pats with 210 yards, 35 rushing

truly a game that could have went either way, unlucky guns

Advertisement