Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overheating!

• 09-05-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi only new to bikes and was out today for about 3 hours and as I was on the way home I think I ran out of juice, she just died and I got it going when I switched to reserve even thought I could see juice splashing. About ten minutes later I noticed the temp was creeping up to two notches before the red. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,390 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Should be fine so long as it doesn't enter the red.

Temperature will rise when riding in slow or stop/start traffic, how fast were you going?

Did the cooling fan kick in? Again this is normal if riding in traffic.

It's possible the reserve fuel line is partially blocked and the bike was running too lean which makes it run hotter, but you would notice poor running and lack of power if this was happening.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

No lack of power, I was going hard and then slowing down dropping gears for a turn and it just died, took a while to get going again. Fan was kicking in I could hear it but I was home and just turned it off, didn't want to see it in the red have to go on another spi. Tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is the oil low?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is the oil low?

Was okay when I checked it last I'll check it in the morning, and post

Bike is fine it just heats up a bit in traffic as posted thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement