Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which brand of Diesel 5kw Generator ?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

I want to get a 5kw diesel generator.

I'm looking at two brands at the moment:

SDMO 6000 E which has a Kohler diesel engine and
    Pramac 6000s which has a Yanmar diesel engine, the Pramac is 1 or 2 hundred cheaper.

Anybody got experience with these brands or know which would be the better ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Satts wrote: »

Pramac 6000s which has a Yanmar diesel engine, the Pramac is 1 or 2 hundred cheaper.

I work as an electrician for a large semi state company and we use a lot of köhler generators as standby generators. Some of them are well over 20 years old and I've yet to see them fail to start or give any hassle during their weekly tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Yamen11

Satts wrote: »

Hi

Just checking which generator you went for and has it worked out ?
    I am possible considering purchasing a pramac 4000 as back up domestic ..but looking for some info from those familiar with this .

Thanks

Advertisement