Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adobe flash player

Options
  • 09-05-2014 9:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

My xp will not let me install flash player, I have tried evetything including closing browsers, active x modifications and zeporma.com. Please help :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

Run ccleaner and try it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Run ccleaner and try it again.

I ran anti spyware and anti malare already this week. Would that make a difference?

eternal wrote: »
    I ran anti spyware and anti malare already this week. Would that make a difference?

it isin't a yoke for malware...it's just a spring cleaner thing. Don't ask me why I'd even do that first I just would before I spend time I don't want to on checking other stuff.

what does it actually say when it won't install?

it's definitely not installed already? some version of it?

helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is adobe still supporting XP now that ms has ended its support,could that be the problem.

it isin't a yoke for malware...it's just a spring cleaner thing. Don't ask me why I'd even do that first I just would before I spend time I don't want to on checking other stuff.

what does it actually say when it won't install?

it's definitely not installed already? some version of it?

helpx.adobe.com/flash-playerq.html

No i have no version of it only a plug in. It says it's not registering then it quits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

My xp will not let me install flash player, I have tried evetything including closing browsers, active x modifications and zeporma.com. Please help :(

Are you trying to install flash player for 64-bit systems ? download the installer for 32-bit systems and try it. Just make sure flash player is not already in your (control panel "add new programs" list.

Uninstall the flash plugin in control panel add programs and download it from net again, the latest version.

Scroll down to "Flash Player 14 Beta Standalone 32-bit standalone builds for Mac and Windows

Install this after making sure you uninstall the flash plugin first in control panel in add new programs list.

Amazing, Boards will still not allow me to send a link, as i'm a so-called new user, very frustrating. So i put the link in the title bar above. hope that helps.

Scroll down to "Flash Player 14 Beta Standalone 32-bit standalone builds for Mac and Windows

Install this after making sure you uninstall the flash plugin first in control panel in add new programs list.

Amazing, Boards will still not allow me to send a link, as i'm a so-called new user, very frustrating. So i put the link in the title bar above. hope that helps.

Nothing is working. I don't think my pc supports 14 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting your computer and trying again? You wouldnt believe how many simple issues are resolved by a computer reboot.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting your computer and trying again? You wouldnt believe how many simple issues are resolved by a computer reboot.

Yes.

• Advertisement

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player, Link above.

The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems.
    • Run the uninstaller as it will remove all junk files and registry entries of flash, and after using this, go to adobe flash player website and install the 32-bit flash player. If that doesn't work, then you have some bogeys in your computer system. Might be time to do a full scan in safe-mode with malwarebytes.
    Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.

^^^wonder did OP try ccleaner?

^^^wonder did OP try ccleaner?

I did everything as suggested and it 'won't register'.

I did everything as suggested and it 'won't register'.

That ccleaner is good though, my pc is way faster. Thanks! I will try and work this out anyway.

The problem was the newer versions of flash were not compatible. Eventually I managed to get the 12.1 version and all my browsers are working now. Thanks everyone for the advice :)

Advertisement