Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s vodafone lost mobile data

• 09-05-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Thought id post here before sending this off for repair next week.

Have this phone a few months and has worked flawlessly. Mobile data was working on Tuesday and sometime between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning it stopped.

everything works fine on wifi but i cant use any app or web browser when on mobile. This is in multiple locations with varying levels of signal, gprs,3g etc.

Was on to vodafone tech support and went through a few steps, some their end some mine - factory reset, reset network settings...and also tried my sim in other phone.

my sim works fine in other phone (5c) but the sim from the 5c doesn't work in my phone so it looks like a hardware issue.

I cant remember if i updated to 7.1.1 on Tuesday evening or if I did that a few days before.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I cant seem to find any other people online with a similar issue. I have to drop the phone into vodafone store on monday to get sent away for repair but would rather try to sort it out myself if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Did you call apple support? Can't help you with your problem would suggest reset but it seems you've done that already.
    However I would strongly advice calling apple and definitely don't return your phone to vodafone. If it has to be fixed than get apple to do that, will most likely be a lot quicker as well. Usually less than 1 week or pay €69 for advance replacement and they'll send you a new one before you return yours (free if you have apple care). If you live near Belfast you can walk instore and get it swapped (make an appointment first).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

flyguy wrote: »
    Did you call apple support? Can't help you with your problem would suggest reset but it seems you've done that already.
    However I would strongly advice calling apple and definitely don't return your phone to vodafone. If it has to be fixed than get apple to do that, will most likely be a lot quicker as well. Usually less than 1 week or pay €69 for advance replacement and they'll send you a new one before you return yours (free if you have apple care). If you live near Belfast you can walk instore and get it swapped (make an appointment first).

€29 isn't it?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yep you're right it's €29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You can usually get the €29 few waived if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I spoke with Apple, they are going to replace the phone for me free of charge. Like you said I could go to apple store but Belfast is 3 hour drive so thats out.. or they could ship me a package to return my phone for free and they send a replacement within 7 days. Or the third option was the advanced replacement but for that they would have to put a hold on my credit card or take the amount from my debit card. Price for a 5s was €699 so I opted for the free replacement. He did say there was a charge as well of €29 but he would waive that, I didnt even need to ask.

Thanks for the help, I never would have thought to call apple. Also very impressed with their support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement