Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Hobb Bringing Fitz and the Fool back :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Is it necessary to read The Rain Wilds Chronicles before Fool's Assassin? (I've read Farseer/Liveship/Tawny).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well there was no indication of a new Fitz storyline on the way in RWC that I can remember and it wrapped things up nicely but if she's decided to progress the world again I think it would be a mistake to skip over the major events in TWC, I wont spoil anything but it does deal with the dragons and the Fool has been connected to them in the past, she'll probably throw in some connection at some point. If you think of it all as one big storyline why would you want to read books 1-9 then skip 10-12 and start number 13 anyway? Rainwilds was a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Grassey wrote: »
    I'm about halfway through it now, ah its good to have Fitz back and on form!
    ixoy wrote: »
    Wait - what? How do you have a copy already?!

I actually mentioned a while back in the currently reading thread, that I had a copy of the book.
    I acquired a copy through more legal means, as it was an ARC of the title. Disappointing to see it was leaked, I hope it doesn't have to negative affect on the sales, as Hobb is one of my favourite authors and also one of my first reads as a teenager getting back into reading.
    As for the book, I'm no where near finished it and I have to admit that I have only read the first few chapters.
    That's not to say it is poor, for it is far from it, for when I started reading it was like slipping on a old loved cardigan. The reason I haven't finished it yet, is that I wanted to finish up a few other things, so I could devote my full attention to the book which it deserves.
    I would recommend to anyone thinking of getting this upon release, to retread old ground by going through the previous books. It's not necessary for this book but as a Hobb fan it should be mandatory.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Darn...looks like I may have to dig up those old books. Only read them once and it was 12+ years ago.

I remember being absolutely bowled over by the Assasins trilogy. Liveship traders was a great follow up. The next set (Rainwilds?) didnt click with me. Never did pick up the Tawny Man series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I read all the Wiki pages for each book in an hour at work the other day and it totally refreshed them in my head, wish it was that easy for the Malazan books...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Tenger wrote: »
    Darn...looks like I may have to dig up those old books. Only read them once and it was 12+ years ago.

I remember being absolutely bowled over by the Assasins trilogy. Liveship traders was a great follow up. The next set (Rainwilds?) didnt click with me. Never did pick up the Tawny Man series.

Tawny man trilogy is a Must read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I love Robin Hobb , I've just started listening to the Farseer audiobooks while working to refresh my memories as it's been along time since my first time.

Advertisement