Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brown rice safe to eat raw?

• 09-05-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

could i add this to my smoothies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

livestrong.com/article/415189-what-are-the-effects-of-eating-raw-rice/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Id have thought it was indigestable but from the above link, it looks like there is more to it than that

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

read that article already, gonna chance going with it, let ye know how i get on. i eat raw eggs daily and no problem i hope this goes as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I'd stay away from eating eggs raw.
    Possible salmonella and all that.

Liordi wrote: »

been doing it for a couple of years now and no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Liordi wrote: »

That and the fact it's a waste of time due to the body's inability to break down and utilise the full protein content of an egg in it's raw form . Unless it's pasteurised liquid egg whites

Egass13 wrote: »
    That and the fact it's a waste of time due to the body's inability to break down and utilise the full protein content of an egg in it's raw form . Unless it's pasteurised liquid egg whites

ya i read that argument online also

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    ya i read that argument online also

I'm sure a lot of people have , I used raw eggs before I was educated otherwise by my PT . Besides , raw eggs are rank , don't know why anyone would want to eat them

I'm sure a lot of people have , I used raw eggs before I was educated otherwise by my PT . Besides , raw eggs are rank , don't know why anyone would want to eat them

i put them in a smoothie and can't taste them

and thinking of adding brown rice to the said smoothies but nobody has any experience of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Because Rocky did it!

and thinking of adding brown rice to the said smoothies but nobody has any experience of it!!!

Would you not get the same results by using tried and tested oats though ?

Would you not get the same results by using tried and tested oats though ?

porridge oats?

porridge oats?

Yeah .. As in is it just the carbs your after or is it something else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

You could just cook the rice... Like a normal person would do, not stick it into a smoothie... What grand idea is that?

good carbs ya..brown rice and porridge from the same food group i take it?

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    You could just cook the rice... Like a normal person would do, not stick it into a smoothie... What grand idea is that?

saves time and wont leave me as full so ill be able to eat more

good carbs ya..brown rice and porridge from the same food group i take it?

Pretty much , oats are the best slow releasing carb and easy to consume in my opinion. I also don't see a huge difference in white or brown rice to be honest . If your gonna blend oats ,soak them in water overnight makes it a lot easier , alternatively you could cook the rice as suggested above !

Pretty much , oats are the best slow releasing carb and easy to consume in my opinion. I also don't see a huge difference in white or brown rice to be honest . If your gonna blend oats ,soak them in water overnight makes it a lot easier , alternatively you could cook the rice as suggested above !

thanks a lot

whats the point in soaking them actually?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

could i add this to my smoothies?

No. It will sicken your gullet badly and cause excessive diariohha

whats the point in soaking them actually?

Just blend easier and smoother , don't end up with bits stuck in your teeth. Unless you have a decent food processer I suppose , I just have a little hand thing so it's easier for me that way !

Just blend easier and smoother , don't end up with bits stuck in your teeth. Unless you have a decent food processer I suppose , I just have a little hand thing so it's easier for me that way !

what do u put in your smoothies?

what do u put in your smoothies?

I don't really make them that much anymore , but when I do I'll use liquid egg,oats,peanut butter , coconut oil , whey , then fruits and stuff , not all together now ! But they'd be the main ingredients .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Where do you buy the liquid egg? Local or online?

Where do you buy the liquid egg? Local or online?

I get it off a fella in the gym , or if your near naas , jimmy in first stop nutrition gets it . Bout 20/25 euro for 6 litres . Very handy to have . I break it up into those 250ml lidl water bottles and stick them in the freezer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

saves time and wont leave me as full so ill be able to eat more

Then use less rice...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I get it off a fella in the gym , or if your near naas , jimmy in first stop nutrition gets it . Bout 20/25 euro for 6 litres . Very handy to have . I break it up into those 250ml lidl water bottles and stick them in the freezer
    My local Tesco does them. Value isn't great, it's about 3 euro for 12 egg whites. But it's definitely handy.

My local Tesco does them. Value isn't great, it's about 3 euro for 12 egg whites. But it's definitely handy.
    Yeah super valu have them aswell but it's very dear that way , if you get friendly with a baker they can help you out aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Uncooked brown rice? Really ? The fact that you couldnt possibly ingest uncooked brown rice without blending it should tell you something. Im going to go out on a limb here and say its going to cause you bacterial and/or digestive problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Uncooked brown rice, raw egg and rice smoothie's? Yep, this thread has gone full retard.

Advertisement