Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gig you ever went to?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Prodigy- oxygen 2008

RATM the O2 2010

John Butler Trio- Manchester academy 2011

Bruce RDS 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Prodigy- oxygen 2008

RATM the O2 2010

John Butler Trio- Manchester academy 2011

Bruce RDS 2012

Bruce who?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

endacl wrote: »
    Bruce who?

:D

The one and only BOSS

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PBB

In some chronological order...

Frankie goes to Hollywood - RDS Simmonscourt 1985 - mainly cos it was my first and I was hooked on live music from that day.
    BB King - National Stadium 1989 - Great gig in it's own right, up close with the man himself, but Bono and the Edge appearance helped...
    Nirvana - The Point, 1992 - Scored 8 freebies and was very popular... great day
    The Stunning - Olympia 1993 - part of their farewell tour, great night in the best venue in Dublin
    Neil Young - Slane 1993 - the only Slane trip I truly enjoyed - Pearl Jam (and Van M and Booker T & the MG's?) adding to the day
    Oasis - Tivoli, 1994 - just on the cusp on being huge, last chance to see them up close and personal
    Arthur Lee and Love - Forever changes tour- The Ambassador, 2002 - never thought I'd get a chance to see them, did not dissapoint
    Villagers - Vicar St, 2013 - 3 Gigs in one - Solo, Band and Orchestra...

Special mention for Elec Picnic 2013 - introduced the eldest to live music in style, bringing the whole gang this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Surely the question, "whats the best gig you've ever been to" merits a one gig answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Daft Punk at Marley Park 2006, got free tickets in.
    Daft Punk at Oxegen 2007, go paid to be there doing circus performance, that was super sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dabotchlad

poundhound wrote: »
    Surely the question, "whats the best gig you've ever been to" merits a one gig answer?

Arthur Lee and Love - Forever Changes tour - The Ambassador, 2002

Put the rest down to showing off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

PBB wrote: »
    In some chronological order...

Arthur Lee and Love - Forever changes tour- The Ambassador, 2002 - never thought I'd get a chance to see them, did not dissapoint
    !
    dabotchlad wrote: »
    Arthur Lee and Love - Forever Changes tour - The Ambassador, 2002

+2. My buddy just called me and insisted I book tickets. I had no idea who Arthur was at the time. Amazing and one I'll remember for many years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

poundhound wrote: »

Difficult to chose. So many great nights for so many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

Radiohead - S.E.C. 1998(?) OK Computer tour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Manic Street Preachers- Olympia 2009 Journal for Plague Lovers Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Rammstein- The O2 2012. Excellent atmosphere, the entire crowd was deliriously excited to finally see Rammstein play Ireland. A great band touring their greatest hits. Amazing stage show, my words can't do justice.
    Abiding memory is the streams of people forced back from the front of the crowd after the first rush of pyros. They looked shell shocked, but in a good way, if that's possible. They weren't saying much but the scorched far away look in their eyes said it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

The Darkness - Vicar Street - October, 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Any of Bruce springstein gigs, but slane was serious and in cork last year proved he still has got the magic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Darkness - Vicar Street - October, 2003.

That was a seriously good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Slash - Vicar St. Mental gig. Was great to see him up so close in a small venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

I've been to dozens of gigs over the years, but my top 2 have to be Tool - Point Depot - 2006, and The Killers - Phoenix Park - 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 25 S.W.Keegan

Tool at the point 2006 was amazing, Mastodon supporting were brilliant too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

S.W.Keegan wrote: »
    Tool at the point 2006 was amazing, Mastodon supporting were brilliant too

I was there too!!! Tool were class, wasn't that much into Mastodon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Speaking of Green Day, the Green Day show in 2000, the point. That was something special. Two months after Warning was released and was a show packed full of all the old (the good pre guyliner nonsense) stuff. The Bouncing souls supported them too and the crowd was amazing. We were right at the very front centre for the entire night. That was close enough to catch Mike Dirnts plec, I have it in a little frame all these years, its cool because its a custom Dunlop, so it has Dirnts head and little converse runners on the turtle and dumpunk instead of dunlop.

I see Guns and roses at Slane mentioned a lot too but what I remember most was the wait for them to show up. It was ridiculous, so ridiculous everyone was preparing to go home and grumbling to themselves.

Advertisement