Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART to Dun Laoighre

Options
  • 09-05-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

How long does it take to get from the city centre to Dun Laoighre on the DART?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

irishrail.ie will give you the exact arrival times if you use their search function

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm coming to Dublin on the train to Heuston so what's the best place to pick up the DART from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm coming to Dublin on the train to Heuston so what's the best place to pick up the DART from there?

Luas to Connolly, takes about 15 minutes, then DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Luas to Connolly, takes about 15 minutes, then DART.

OP, most of the Luas trams terminate at The Point and not at Connolly Station. If you get on one that is bound for The Point, just get off at Busaras and cross over Amiens St to Connolly Staton. It is literally just across the road from Busaras.

Would you get there from Heuston in about an hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Probably not. It depends on the time of day, which affects the frequency of the Luas trams and the Darts.

If you are traveling at the weekend or off peak, you could have a 10/15 minute wait for a Luas. Then there is the 15/20 minute ride to Connolly/Busaras. Then at Connolly, you could have another 20 minute wait for the Dart. Add in the 30 minute journey time to Dun Laoghaire and that is well over an hour. Even if you are traveling at peak time and you only have to wait 5 mins for the Luas and the Dart to arrive, you would still be cutting it close.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Would you get there from Heuston in about an hour?

This will allow you to plan your journey using schedule times: http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie

Could be in 45 mins or so depending on the time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If you have a bus rambler ticket you could get the 145 bus to ucd and then get the 46a to dun laoghair. Probably take 60-70 mins

I need to be there for 11;30 and the Train I was looking at gets to Heuston at 10am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    irishrail.ie will give you the exact arrival times if you use their search function

Be sure to add at least 5 mins. Those times are less accurate the longer the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I need to be there for 11;30 and the Train I was looking at gets to Heuston at 10am

10:09 at Heuston Luas Stop Heuston Station take Tram Red Line towards Connolly Luas Stop
    10:20 to Abbey Street Luas Stop Dublin
    10:24 from Abbey Street Luas Stop Dublin Footpath (about 8 minutes)
    10:32 to Tara Street Train Station Near Tara Station
    10:32 at Tara Street Train Station Near Tara Station take Train DART Service towards Greystones Train Station
    10:52 to Dun Laoghaire Train Station Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where in Dun Laoghaire are you going? It's a big enough place (the art college is over a mile from the DART station) so you might end up better off getting the 46a. Put your exact destination into the journey planner posted above.

Where in Dun Laoghaire are you going? It's a big enough place (the art college is over a mile from the DART station) so you might end up better off getting the 46a. Put your exact destination into the journey planner posted above.

I'm going to Upper Georges Street. On the map it looks quite close to the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

To be fair that would be quite close to the dart station. Even closer would be a number 7 bus either though? You could get off at abbey Street Luas stop, on to o'connell Street to get a number 7 bus. It'd take longer than the dart though

Advertisement