Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing clothes back

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I bought two pairs of chinos today in town. I tried them on again at home but I don't like the fit (too tight)
    I took the tags off earlier. I still have the tags & the receipt.....can I bring them back tomorrow? Exchange them for something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've no legal right to so you are entirely at mercy of the store policy. Its unlikely but not out of the question they'll refuse it with the tags removed, unless the tags were attached using strings rather than plastic swingtag attachments I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

why didn't you try them on in the store?

as above - no rights at all unless no changing room is provided. However, most will exchange them as goodwill gesture especially if you are polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The shop do not have to exchange them as it is a change of mind. You may run into problems getting an exchange because you have removed the tags.

Advertisement