Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We got our club back out of administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im happy for you mate , its not nice seeing any club in trouble like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Im happy for you mate , its not nice seeing any club in trouble like that

Unless it's Rangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not a fan of Hearts.

Sort of like Rangers, just from Edinburgh and not as successful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kryogen wrote: »
    Not a fan of Hearts.

Sort of like Rangers, just from Edinburgh and not as successful.

Are they prods?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Are they prods?

The same as Rangers

• Advertisement

Are they prods?

If that means what I'm pretty sure it means, all I can say is that it seems an odd thing to dislike someone just because they might be attached to a particular sect of Christianity; and it's an even odder reason not to like a whole group of people.

One of the irritating things about supporting Hearts, or indeed 39 other teams in the league setup in Scotland, is that any discussion about Scottish football almost inevitably descends into the mire of talking about two clubs in the country (unnamed) to the exclusion of the rest of us.

Look, we're not dumb. We get it. They're bigger than the rest of us, and they've got that brand recognition factor that we all don't. But I don't support **unnamed** or the other **unnamed**. I'm a Hearts supporter, and I'm just pleased that my club is out of administration. So be pleased as well, or slag us off if that's what floats your goat. But if y'all could leave out the chat about **unnamed** and the other **unnamed** that'd be just great.

Anyway, I'm relieved we got through the gap in the hedge. It's not something I'd wish on the supporters of any club. Not even Hibs. Hell, not even **unnamed** and the other **unnamed**. Why? Because however much I get irritated by both clubs, the people who support them are just football supporters, and that means they ain't that different to me. And I wouldn't wish this experience on any football supporters. It hasn't been nice, at times it's been very worrying indeed, and of course for the most part the football itself has been ugly and depressing. We spent the season with a bunch of kids for a first team squad, and we've been relegated.

But at least we've muddled through and kept going, so tonight I'm relieved (and a little bit pleased).

I don't want to slag ye off, and it doesn't matter to me that the team is from Protestant background, just that ye are basically the Rangers of Edinburgh. Some supporters refer to Hearts as, "The mini Huns"

I am not one of them as I don't like any Scottish team, not one.

I probably shouldn't have posted in the thread tbf, but I'm bored! I have experienced the same sort of bigotry from Hearts fans as I have Rangers when in Scotland which is another reason I drew parallels between the clubs. Obviously Hearts have had nowhere near the success of Rangers and I am sure the bigotry on both sides, Hearts and Hibs is not at the same level, or probably anything approaching a Celtic Rangers thing.

Just going from personal experience really.

Now, no more mention of them from me, and I apologise for bringing Rangers up in the first place, was just looking to draw a comparison.

A question though, what drew you to Hearts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

irishman saves foreign club and other irishmen give him stick over it.

boards.ie

tv ad for the soccer forum would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As a Leeds fan I know what it's like to have your club go into administration, and I know how much it means to the fans when they come out of it. Glad to see another club survive the ordeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Booooo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Seems like a good deal, has the new Chairwoman been associated with the club for long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dreamers75 wrote: »
    irishman saves foreign club and other irishmen give him stick over it.

boards.ie

tv ad for the soccer forum would be awesome.

Yeah, the best bit of the ad would be the LOI fan with 'real fan' t shirt lurking in the corner ready to make the same point over and over again.

Hearts going under would have been bad for Scottish football, so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

The same as Rangers

So you know a lot about both clubs then you have mingled with fans from these clubs. Generalisations are really stupid if I was to say all Celtic fans are fanatical RA heads I would be wrong as most of them are not funnily enough most Rangers fans are not in the Orange order or fanatical loyalists and neither are Hearts fans

If that means what I'm pretty sure it means, all I can say is that it seems an odd thing to dislike someone just because they might be attached to a particular sect of Christianity; and it's an even odder reason not to like a whole group of people.

One of the irritating things about supporting Hearts, or indeed 39 other teams in the league setup in Scotland, is that any discussion about Scottish football almost inevitably descends into the mire of talking about two clubs in the country (unnamed) to the exclusion of the rest of us.

Look, we're not dumb. We get it. They're bigger than the rest of us, and they've got that brand recognition factor that we all don't. But I don't support **unnamed** or the other **unnamed**. I'm a Hearts supporter, and I'm just pleased that my club is out of administration. So be pleased as well, or slag us off if that's what floats your goat. But if y'all could leave out the chat about **unnamed** and the other **unnamed** that'd be just great.

Anyway, I'm relieved we got through the gap in the hedge. It's not something I'd wish on the supporters of any club. Not even Hibs. Hell, not even **unnamed** and the other **unnamed**. Why? Because however much I get irritated by both clubs, the people who support them are just football supporters, and that means they ain't that different to me. And I wouldn't wish this experience on any football supporters. It hasn't been nice, at times it's been very worrying indeed, and of course for the most part the football itself has been ugly and depressing. We spent the season with a bunch of kids for a first team squad, and we've been relegated.

But at least we've muddled through and kept going, so tonight I'm relieved (and a little bit pleased).

Pleased your club got out of the mire mate

Are they prods?

Wee wake up call Rangers are not Prods as you put it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hearts going under would have been bad for Scottish football, so that's good.

Hit the nail on the head here. I do like Hibs (as in would keep an eye out for the result and watch the goals if they won) but there would be something lost from the season with no local derby to look forward to/back on for the real fans (not me obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A nasty undercurrent to this thread. There has been a sense and an undercurrent of Catholic supremacy about how Rangers went bust and Hearts on their way. Often I have read "Soon there will be no h*ns at all" from Celtic fans online. It's like the rise of the Nazi party.

Horrible, horrible stuff for religion and the likes to be brought into a football section. Its supposed to be about kicking a football into goal, not what god people pray to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm a Dub living in Edinburgh a few years now (spent a year working / studying in Govan too) and I don't see the mini-Rangers thing in the supporters myself. I've everyday contact with a ton of Hearts fans through work, study, playing football here and generally because Edinburgh is a small city and you meet folk out and about. I live off Easter Rd so would attend the odd Hibs game and so I think I've had decent exposure to the Hearts fans out and about. There's nothing to report about them that's any different to any other club. Generally decent fans with a few bad eggs. My tuppence worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

A nasty undercurrent to this thread. There has been a sense and an undercurrent of Catholic supremacy about how Rangers went bust and Hearts on their way. Often I have read "Soon there will be no h*ns at all" from Celtic fans online. It's like the rise of the Nazi party.

Horrible, horrible stuff for religion and the likes to be brought into a football section. Its supposed to be about kicking a football into goal, not what god people pray to.

What the hell has religion got to do with rangers going bust?

Just an excuse for you to get your ****e little dig in against Celtic fans.

Cop on to yourself

There's muppets in every fanbase.

The religious aspect of the old firm rivalry is head scratching this day and age. I'd say that part of it will ease off in the coming decades as most Celtic and Rangers fans I know have zero interest in religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27347133

Won't mean much to almost everyone on the forum, but it means a lot to me.

Seems like a great outcome for Hearts fans especially with fan ownership coming within 5 years. Hopefully we'll see you back in the SPL soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

KyG31bj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

"Catholic supremacy" - ha ha!!!

Did you type that with your tin foil hat on?

I can imagine them alright

nuns460.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO_sQhnwXPCqD_7KgNNfh1fuNfnWzWepxUKcmy3IoBwQHF9-J_

celebrating like its New Years Eve 1BC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rolleyes.png

.....the team is from Protestant background....

If you say so. I'm not Protestant, nor (AFAIK) are the people I go to games with.

Just going from personal experience really.

But not your personal experience of me. ;)

A question though, what drew you to Hearts?

Why not? Why do people I know well support Leeds, Manchester City, QPR and even two teams from Glasgow? Oddly enough, it was a defeat to one of the Glasgow **unnamed** when I was 14 years old that got me hooked. Nearly 40 years later, it's the shared loyalty of mates that makes it all worthwhile.

What drew you to Christianity? :D

(Honestly, that's not a serious question, before anyone goes all Conchita.)

Booooo!!!

Kilmarnock. I meant Kilm....no, wait.....drat. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Kilmarnock. I meant Kilm....no, wait.....drat. :p

Leave kew alone, leave him aloneeeeee :D

• Advertisement

Seems like a good deal, has the new Chairwoman been associated with the club for long?

Hard to say. AFAIK, she's not so much a fan as someone with a soft spot for the club. She made her money in IT, and has put up the cost of the CVA, but the idea is that she'll run the club for a while but the supporter group (Foundation of Hearts) will gradually buy her out. Could be a good model for others to follow to develop supporter ownership.

Hard to say. AFAIK, she's not so much a fan as someone with a soft spot for the club. She made her money in IT, and has put up the cost of the CVA, but the idea is that she'll run the club for a while but the supporter group (Foundation of Hearts) will gradually buy her out. Could be a good model for others to follow to develop supporter ownership.

No massive feelings for Hearts but hated Romanov, always knew he would ruin the club.

Leave kew alone, leave him aloneeeeee :D

I am, guv, honest. It was a reference to my embarrassingly inaccurate guesses on the Hibs thread as to which side would keep Hibs out of 11th place. :eek:

I am, guv, honest. It was a reference to my embarrassingly inaccurate guesses on the Hibs thread as to which side would keep Hibs out of 11th place. :eek:

Ah no im joking he was near crying on the united thread and with city or pool soon to be champs he just needs the hugs.

No massive feelings for Hearts but hated Romanov, always knew he would ruin the club.

The moment he fired Burley back in October 2005 (mutual agreement my arse) I knew we were dealing with a right headbanger.

Mind you, I've heard some rumours about why that sacking took place, which I ain't repeating on Boards.

The moment he fired Burley back in October 2005 (mutual agreement my arse) I knew we were dealing with a right headbanger.

Mind you, I've heard some rumours about why that sacking took place, which I ain't repeating on Boards.

Yeh I heard something myself.....

• Advertisement

I still ain't repeating them on Boards. :D

If you say so. I'm not Protestant, nor (AFAIK) are the people I go to games with.

It is though, its hardly a negative like. Its just an association Hibs - Catholic, Hearts - Protestant. Not a criticism.

But not your personal experience of me. ;)

of course not, I dont know you to my knowledge so cant make a judgement on you at all :) Im sure you are a lovely chap!

Why not? Why do people I know well support Leeds, Manchester City, QPR and even two teams from Glasgow? Oddly enough, it was a defeat to one of the Glasgow **unnamed** when I was 14 years old that got me hooked. Nearly 40 years later, it's the shared loyalty of mates that makes it all worthwhile.

What drew you to Christianity? :D

(Honestly, that's not a serious question, before anyone goes all Conchita.)

Nothing, I wouldnt consider myself christian, or religious in any way, most people I know would have been drawn to a team due to them being successful at a certain time in their childhood, or a family gift/burden of supporting a club ;)

Hearts dont stick out to me as an obvious choice if one was to pick a team in Scotland so I was just curious, no ulterior motive at all

Lots of people heard stuff I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

MOst of all I'm glad to see Romanov gone.

I am pie wrote: »
    MOst of all I'm glad to see Romanov gone.

Today was something of a "night of the long knives". Manager and assistant gone, with Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson back to replace them. Five players let go, with more to follow - though we also extended six players' contracts and opened talks with another two. I suspect there'll be changes in the senior management on the business side as well.

Anyway, Ms. Budge didn't make her fortune by being sentimental.

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus, it's true what they say.

No matter how bad things are, look around and you'll see someone who's worse off than you are.

I must admit I just love being a Heart of Midlothian supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27347133

Won't mean much to almost everyone on the forum, but it means a lot to me.

It will mean a huge amount to everyone on this forum. More games to watch on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah Jaysus, it's true what they say.

No matter how bad things are, look around and you'll see someone who's worse off than you are.

I must admit I just love being a Heart of Midlothian supporter.

I won't lie

Even I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Hopefully the club will become a bit more stable now. Just coming out of admin does not necessarily mean things will get better. as a coventry cituy fan we have gone from one disaster to another. Reshuffles of the board, moving away from our ground and our city.

however its defintly a positive step. Clubs can be managed well on smaller budgets but thier are no quick fixes and its important to be patient.

always liked hearts.

Advertisement