Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello all i've been banned .students please read

Options
  • 10-05-2014 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello all i'm a regular poster but when i logged on tonight i got personal mail teling me i've been banned , i've read through the so called offensive post and for the life of me i cannot see any reason why it should be deemed objectionable
    . In the post i was basically challenging students to take responsibility instead of taking the biggest bucks on offer.
    Please ask the moderators to post the mails they have sent me and the replies i have sent back ...Can any of you honestly say that i should have been banned for asking Irish students to wake up ?.
    I hope my post makes it through to the boards.......If not well then Boards.ie has become part of the problem and not the solution.....
    Scaldy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

you're gonna get banned for posting this, the only way you can question the decision is to take it up with a mod/admin

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

you're gonna get banned for posting this, the only way you can question the decision is to take it up with a mod/admin

Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell ?.....You sound like the neighbour that used to warn him don't do this or that and ended up getting shafted by his own kid.Was a time when us Irish could say what we liked and "F" what anyone thought seems it's not like that anymore.......Instead of having intellectual discourse lets just burn the books and discourage free expression.
    Ironically the post i seem to have been banned for is a criticism of modern students and their lack of rebelliousness .....seems i might be right

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Really ?????
    Is their opinion worth more than yours ?
    Can you please tell me what you see as a reason for getting banned in my post ?....I hope the Mods will be honest and honorable enough to open this post out for debate and discussion and to supply a link to the discourse between us and provide links to the original post that was deemed bad enough to have me banned.....A challenge to boards.ie .....Please don't dissapoint and let the people judge
    Scaldy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you have an issue you would like raised, please follow the Dispute Resolution Process.

This is done through the Helpdesk forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement