Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkness into light walk 2014

Options
  • 10-05-2014 6:04am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just back from the walk, had missed last year, serious increase in numbers there, well done to all involved..

If anyone has photos, i'd love to see them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

First time going this year!.. that rain that hit along by mutton island was torturous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Trying to get a few hours sleep after it heres my pic from the beginning.
    Really good atmosphere and energy I'll be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Trying to get a few hours sleep after it heres my pic from the beginning.
    Really good atmosphere and energy I'll be back next year

Wow that's a massive crowd, well done to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

According to the facebook page 3,500+ people signed up :)

lampsie wrote: »
    Wow that's a massive crowd, well done to everyone

There was almost that many again behind me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I don't know why I thought that walk was in June. :confused: Might do it next year. Just saw a pic of the Galway one there absolutely huge turn-out well done. How do you get involved? Does everyone get Fund-raising Cards to fill up or does every Participant just have to pay a Fee to walk / run in it or how does it go?

I don't know why I thought that walk was in June. :confused: Might do it next year. Just saw a pic of the Galway one there absolutely huge turn-out well done. How do you get involved? Does everyone get Fund-raising Cards to fill up or does every Participant just have to pay a Fee to walk / run in it or how does it go?

You can sign up for a fee. Then if you want to you can get a sponsorship xard on top of that. The pieta house darkness into light website has all the info

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Fantastic event!

Just came across this video of the walk by Pat Comer, the man behind the Des Bishop documentary currently on RTE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAJ59cwfek

Advertisement