Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer access requests?

Options
  • 10-05-2014 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Morning all

I've just received a ban from the soccer access requests forum...and I'm not really sure why as it was weeks ago when I posted.

I now can't read my original post and have no access to the forum to re-read the charter. My original post is therefore not visible in my own post history.

From memory - I asked in a light hearted manner to be granted access. Something along the lines of: wannabe scouser seeks access to soccer forum (and I worked the 2 keywords into this sentence).

Can someone shed some light on what exactly I've done wrong please...

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you PM'd the mod who banned you to ask for the information you are now requesting here? That's the first step before starting a Dispute thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Hooked

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you PM'd the mod who banned you to ask for the information you are now requesting here? That's the first step before starting a Dispute thread

Thanks for the quick reply Beasty. The PM mentioned nothing about contacting the mod (GavRedKing) first. Or, why specifically I'd been banned. Hence my post here.

It simply said if I had an issue to come here (link to this page). Which is what I've done. To be honest, this whole process seems a tad over the top in my opinion.

If it's this difficult to get access to a simple sports related forum, with my boards history and behaviour, I'd rather not bother.

I asked politely, having read the charter. My access post was not responded to for weeks. I was then (today) banned for asking.

I can't re-read the charter. Can't read my original post. Can't get an independent viewpoint (as I was instructed to). It seems boards wants me to go backwards, to go forwards.

I've enough of that nonsense and being made jump through hoops in my personal life (when trying to resolve poor services and basic entitlements) without adding to it on here.

Boards is meant to be an escape from the nonsense of daily life.

Not a part of it.

Kind Regards
    Hooked

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hooked wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply Beasty. The PM mentioned nothing about contacting the mod (GavRedKing) first. Or, why specifically I'd been banned. Hence my post here.
    Look at the flow chart above - it's the first step - "Send PM to Mod(s) to discuss"
    Hooked wrote: »
    I can't re-read the charter. Can't read my original post. Can't get an independent viewpoint (as I was instructed to). It seems boards wants me to go backwards, to go forwards.
    Log-out and you can see both

It's clear from your posts here as well as the Soccer Access forum that you can't be bothered reading the rules - you seem to want someone to spell them out for your personal benefit. That's not what we (as mods) are here for. If you can't be bothered reading them please don't complain when you fall foul of them (as you will clearly see once you actually read them)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement