Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good hotels Wicklow

• 10-05-2014 8:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Might be going to wicklow for 3or4 days soon and would like to stay in a 4 or5 star hotel were do u recommend I have never been to wicklow so looking forward to it an other good places to visit when I am down there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Druids glen is nice and not overly expensive, great breakfasts. Tinakilly country house is more intimate, lovely place to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭leoch

Are they in the middle of nowhere or near a town or village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Powerscourt.

Expensive but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Im from Wicklow and tbh The Grand Hotel in Wicklow Town is just ok, nothing spectacular if you get me

As said above Druids Glen is lovely and is in quite a cental location

The Parkview in Newtownmountkennedy is another option, have been there and have to say it is a great hotel, top class food aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Can't recommend Brook Lodge highly enough, beautiful hotel/grounds, we had the most amazing food in the strawberry tree (their organic restaurant) and the staff were genuinely so welcoming and helpful... i'm making myself want to go back now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

druids glen is not too far from greystones and newtownmountkennedy. theres a restaurant in greystones called the hungry monk, great food there if you dont feel like eating in the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved from our Travel forum over into the Wicklow forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Stayed in brook lodge recently. Food was very good. The room we were put in was dreadful. Really disappointing. Have heard very mixed reviews.

It must have a pool and nice walks in the grounds or nearby is that jack whites pub far from the named hotels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Powerscourt sounds like the one for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Are you driving or travelling by public transport?

Driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Wicklow Town? Or somewhere else in Wicklow?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

The Arklow Bay is probably the nearest to Jack Whites. It has a pool and is beside an amenity area with pleasant walks. As far as I know the Grand Hotel is a bit rundown. The Brooklodge is in a beautiful setting and they do great food. I don't know if they have a pool .

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

The Glenview Hotel might suit you too- has a pool and lovely views, close to Bray and Greystones. Nice walks around Bray head and the cliff walk from Bray to Greystones. Half an hour from Jack Whites Pub (but that wouldn't exactly be on the top of my list of places/pubs to visit).

Advertisement