Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Roast Chicken

Options
  • 10-05-2014 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm planning to roast a couple of small chickens (each about 1.2kg) for lunch tomorrow.

I need to go out for a few hours in the morning and want to slow roast them. (I don't like the flabby skin you get in a slow cooker.)

If anyone has any tips for times and temperatures I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking 150 for 2-3 hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Your timing sounds about right.
    Lemon, thyme and lots of garlic. Yum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Your timing sounds about right.
    Lemon, thyme and lots of garlic. Yum.

And butter, you forgot the butter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Boil the kettle and throw a little bit of hot water in the tray. Helps make fabulous gravy later on.

Cover them in tinfoil, take off for the last half hour of cooking to crisp up the skin. Omnomnom!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

160 for 1hr 45 mins.
    Lemon in the cavity, thyme, paprika, salt and honey on the skin.

Deliciously tender and crispy skin.

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

2 hours 10 minutes at 150. Salt, pepper, butter, thyme, lemon. They were incredibly succulent with lovely crispy skin. Eaten with baby potato salad, coleslaw and greens.

Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement