Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco error

Options
  • 09-05-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is an old ish thread but rather than start a new one i thought id post here

Tesco today. A bogof offer, product was €2. Was charged for both 2x€2. Am I just entitled to the cost of one back i.e. €2 ???? Which is simply the overcharge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco will generally give double the difference (so €4) although it's at the manager's discretion. Going in all guns blazing for it when its a large amount (€2 is not) will usually cause the discretion to go against... Most I've got was over a tenner pre-doubling on a premium Scotch, brought it down to the price of a bottle of Bells after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts moved to new thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

check the offer first when you go back in, take a pic of the offer down to the service desk if you like, might save time, but yes, you should get double the difference of you picked up the right items.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MYOB wrote: »
    Tesco will generally give double the difference (so €4) although it's at the manager's discretion.
    I think it might be harder to get this back than a normal overprice, i.e. if the items were €1 and you were charged €2 each. They might try and argue the computer did not register it and not accept it as a misprice.

Also many of these BOGOF offers are only on certain flavours or some other way be slightly different. They often have the sign up as though the full range is on offer. You can check online first to see if you are sure it should apply to you.

The photo idea is a good one, the sign might be taken down. In the old days when you got stuff free I used to do it more, the staff would take me to the item to show them the price and confirm its wrong, they would usually take the sign down. This made me wonder about people who were still about to pay for the goods, when they reported a misprice were they asked to show the staff and then see the sign removed.

I still want to know if any tesco honours a misprice on the price per kilo values, these are very often wrong.

Advertisement