Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Inishowen is in the republic...

I’m well aware. However this truck isn’t just carrying lambs from donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

what happens this in a hard brexit scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Willfarman wrote: »

You know that for a fact? Cause i know a few men who send through that group and they dont know that. I will inform them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

wrangler wrote: »
    €105 for 41 kg lambs today

Good price for that weight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

I'd very much doubt inishowen lorry carrying northern lambs. I don't send lambs with them but I know there 2 drivers so I'll find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Lambman wrote: »
    I'd very much doubt inishowen lorry carrying northern lambs. I don't send lambs with them but I know there 2 drivers so I'll find out.

Northern lambs are double tagged, it's not hard to identify them in the lairage ..... It's not as if they're sneaking them in

Sami23 wrote: »
    Good price for that weight

Yea, I'd be happy if they stay at around €100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Yea, I'd be happy if they stay at around €100

You must have had a very high kill out %

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Northern lambs are double tagged, it's not hard to identify them in the lairage ..... It's not as if they're sneaking them in

Lambs bought the night before in the mart will be double tagged also

Sami23 wrote: »
    You must have had a very high kill out %

20kg, just got the result in the email last night so there's €2 transport and €1 deductions to come off that price.
    Its a good price but the specs are very tight and penalties harsh if you get it wrong

• Advertisement

Lambs bought the night before in the mart will be double tagged also

Electronic tag is yellow and ordinary tag can be any colour

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

20kg, just got the result in the email last night so there's €2 transport and €1 deductions to come off that price.
    Its a good price but the specs are very tight and penalties harsh if you get it wrong

105 for 21kg is 5 per kg. Is that not their base rate this week. Thought you would be getting more if you had to stick to certain specs or am I missing something?

foxirl wrote: »
    105 for 21kg is 5 per kg. Is that not their base rate this week. Thought you would be getting more if you had to stick to certain specs or am I missing something?

They were 20kg, 5.25 average they were R3s, Us would be more

They were 20kg, 5.25 average they were R3s, Us would be more

My mistake. That makes sense now. I've a few booked in next week but don't think they'll kill out as well as yours.

My mistake. That makes sense now. I've a few booked in next week but don't think they'll kill out as well as yours.

We leave them in the yard for two hours before weighing to get rid of some of the gut fill, we find it more accurate when we're trying to get to the max weight without going over later in the year.

We leave them in the yard for two hours before weighing to get rid of some of the gut fill, we find it more accurate when we're trying to get to the max weight without going over later in the year.

So they are killing out at nearly 49%. Are they getting meal or just grass fed

Just grass, introducing meal now, I'm going to try half a pound/day through the 3 in 1 feeder, performance always plummets now so going to try this

You know that for a fact? Cause i know a few men who send through that group and they dont know that. I will inform them.
    The Lorry draws for more than the group. Particularly later in the season after lambs are well weaned. Unweaned English lamb doesn’t kill out well I assume.

The Lorry draws for more than the group. Particularly later in the season after lambs are well weaned. Unweaned English lamb doesn’t kill out well I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

foxirl wrote:

Well I messaged who drives the lorry or 1 off them can name the 2 if yous want but not on here and he wasn't giving nothing away but said if there's is northern lamb on the lorry there not lifted in the north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got 92 for 43kg wethers in the Mart this morning. A little better than last week.

Lambman wrote: »
    Well I messaged who drives the lorry or 1 off them can name the 2 if yous want but not on here and he wasn't giving nothing away but said if there's is northern lamb on the lorry there not lifted in the north.

Coming that distance they'd have to have a full load on......... wherever they'd get them

4.90 in camolin today. Averaged 19.5 deadweight. All u3 or r3. €94.70 each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

Anyone any idea what 36 to 40 kg mixed stores are making, Suffolk texel xs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

DJ98 wrote: »

2.10 to 2.20/kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

DJ98 wrote: »

Why would lads buy 40kg lambs? Shure wouldn't they be a very short term keep? Excuse my ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Why would lads buy 40kg lambs? Shure wouldn't they be a very short term keep? Excuse my ignorance.

Buy for 85 to 90, sell for 100 in a month or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

ganmo wrote: »
    Buy for 85 to 90, sell for 100 in a month or 2

Its ludicrious risk to reward....lose 1 lamb,stolen/die etc and wipe out profit on next 10?

Lot easier ways to make a tenner at sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Base price for Monday anyone? Is it 4.80 already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Country lad

That's what I heard also .just wondering what weight do factory pay for cull ewes as I think mine might do better in mart

Advertisement