Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

official group base today is 450 in Navan, rotton feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭kk.man

Willfarman wrote: »
    Lambs out of tullow mart are standing them at least 4.80 a kg + mart commission + buyers fee + transport. Contemptible pricks in that office in icm. “buyers” they title themselves. They are simply Larries lackies robbing their neighbors. They’d have been the landlords rate collectors in generations past.

Was on the phone to Slaney last week and they were calling themselves ;buyers' too. I thought to myself some day young man you might be able to 'buy' my cattle:) but right now you are an employee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Lambs are 4.70 upto 21kg,4.80 for QA

4.40 upto 15kg for lighter lambs

Ewes 2.80 upto 43kg

Underfleshed 02 grade 30c less (lambs and ewes),....for dawn meat ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭White Clover

_blaaz wrote: »
    Lambs are 4.70 upto 21kg,4.80 for QA

4.40 upto 15kg for lighter lambs

Ewes 2.80 upto 43kg

Underfleshed 02 grade 30c less (lambs and ewes),....for dawn meat ballyhaunis

I presume that's out of dungarvan? What time does the lorry leave with them do you know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I presume that's out of dungarvan? What time does the lorry leave with them do you know ?

I think around 12ish....its also to.stop.in cahir aswell afaik

Just to.add....must be booked in (im not sending any this week,just got the group message)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

Is it too early to be selling ewe lambs in marts, fancy ones suitable for breeding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

DJ98 wrote: »
    Is it too early to be selling ewe lambs in marts, fancy ones suitable for breeding

Second week of August I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Butcher on phone this evening wanting 22 more lambs for Saturday he knows there a bit lighter so it's 2.15 and €9 a head anything over 50kg should work out good enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I see the beef protect is also highlighting the number of lambs coming in from across the border and Scotland. Want to know why Bord bia is promoting this lamb.

Check this out on Agriland - Farmers urged to reject ‘sweetheart deals’ from factories amid protests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

I see the beef protect is also highlighting the number of lambs coming in from across the border and Scotland. Want to know why Bord bia is promoting this lamb.

Check this out on Agriland - Farmers urged to reject ‘sweetheart deals’ from factories amid protests

Is the beef movement pickets having any impact on lambs being killed in the factories or are they going in through the picket line ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

5€ is where the line should be Drawn. 100€ gross for a 20kg finished lamb.

Is the protest extended to sheep now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭Robson99

Is the protest extended to sheep now?

I think it's a good time for the sheep lads to row in as well considering the way they have been ****ed over as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Robson99 wrote: »
    I think it's a good time for the sheep lads to row in as well considering the way they have been ****ed over as well

Sure the factories will only fill the orders with cheaper english lamb from their english factories and the farmers over there are pushing on their lambs and selling at lighter weight anyway to get rid before October. meanwhile ours goes overweight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Robson99 wrote: »

The pain of holding back lambs for a few weeks now, would be nothing in comparison to the pain the factories pushed upon me last spring and the spring that. Given half a chance they’ll do the same next spring as well.

wrangler wrote: »
    Sure the factories will only fill the orders with cheaper english lamb from their english factories and the farmers over there are pushing on their lambs and selling at lighter weight anyway to get rid before October. meanwhile ours goes overweight

Are English lambs that cheap after the purchase expenses and transport?

Are English lambs that cheap after the purchase expenses and transport?

They'd be killing and sending them from factories in GB ,lambs are cheaper over there and Northern lambs are cheaper again. i'm sure they'll supply their customers from their GB factories if there's any disruption over here, it's a good while since I saw that northern lamb was 4.10 so lamb trade is fragile to say the least, farmers over the water want their lambs gone by October

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Any quotes this week for lambs? Or are lads sticking with the beef farmers and not selling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

farming93 wrote: »
    Any quotes this week for lambs? Or are lads sticking with the beef farmers and not selling ?

Rang 3 different agents this morning and nothing.All said they would ring back/text a price but nothing,not even an"booked out tomorrow,maybe Tue/Wed./ " type reply.Very unusual as would be dealing with all them a long time.
    Before you ask ,no,not going this week while protest is in place.

Last week 4;80/4;90 about the going rate;thats QA included.
    Talk was that one factory tried to pull them 10 cents mid week but soon pulled in their horns when they got few enough lambs.
    There was some hope that they might go back to 5 euro this week or next as this should be a high demand week but?

• Advertisement

farming93 wrote: »

Price is strengthening, 4.80 inc qa and expected to be more

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Thanks wrangler that's some good news anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

4.90 all in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

As yous all know I never sent 1 lamb till the factory this year. I won't be either unless price is north off €5.

orm0nd wrote: »
    4.90 all in

Be very poor form of BP to block lamb kill now. Kepak and ICM will just source them in their English factories if they can't get them here

wrangler wrote: »
    Price is strengthening, 4.80 inc qa and expected to be more

4;85 available all last week in Kildare QA inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

45kg lambs were only making 90 euro in Athenry today so at those prices the 'buyers' will make 10 euro a head on them before transport and mart commission

Sami23 wrote: »
    45kg lambs were only making 90 euro in Athenry today so at those prices the 'buyers' will make 10 euro a head on them before transport and mart commission

If they kill 20kgs(hard to tell without seeing the actual lamb) then that's 95 euro at 4;75 before paying mart commission and hauling them.
    Even at 5 euro its 100 a head
    Haven't been in a mart in years so no idea on charges..Maybe 1;50 a head.Easily another euro to haul them ,take kill charges of 82 cent a head there is no fortune in that

Sami23 wrote: »

Yea, I wouldn't touch a mart now, agents divide them up between them, but farmers are feckers too, there could be ten kilos between the heaviest lamb and the lightest and they could go from 02 to R5 in the one batch and then you hear them going out the yard saying those dealers are c..ts.
    Dealer s can buy a trailer load and group them properly

• Advertisement

Lambman wrote: »
    As yous all know I never sent 1 lamb till the factory this year. I won't be either unless price is north off €5.

You're not getting €5 at 2.15 liveweight

Advertisement